Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WL NEXUS RECIVED!

mmh... tha'ts rly cool...
it have a nice design, a very bright beam BUT... it can't burn -_-
it can't light any match or pop baloons... what to do? :\

oh... it has also a "wrong" beam:

Attachments

• Immagine.JPG
    Immagine.JPG
    2.4 KB · Views: 76

Typical. If I were you, I'd send it back. If you intend to keep it, you may want to try some lithium batteries. The position of the beam is inconsequential unless it's hitting the aperture cap. I'm assuming it isn't because you gave no mention of spray in the dot.

Cyparagon said:
Typical. If I were you, I'd send it back. If you intend to keep it, you may want to try some lithium batteries. The position of the beam is inconsequential unless it's hitting the aperture cap. I'm assuming it isn't because you gave no mention of spray in the dot.
mmh... ok, i'm doing all my possible for a RMA...
what do u think, i send it back and hope for an upgrade to FUSION (125mw)
or send back, try to have 201$ on my paypal account and the 135$WBS, and after give a laser from other company?

get your money back, and use the WBs for glasses or lenses

and go to either Nova lasers, laser glow, or optotronics

mmh
i tryed with brand new energizer...
5 matches marked black... only one lighted (10cm)
1 baloon marked black, popped from 3ft...

what do u think? :\

Gazoo

You have already been told in your various threads what we all think. ;) Return it for a refund and get a X100 with the case/package deal.

Gazoo said:
You have already been told in your various threads what we all think. ;) Return it for a refund and get a X100 with the case/package deal.
what's the difference (20$)?

Gazoo

Yes, for the extra $20.00 you get the case, some lightyears and a Nova membership that will allow you discounts on most of their accessories. You will also probably receive a free diffraction grating but I am not sure they are still sending them with the lasers. It is a much better laser than the Nexus, and you do not have to worry about their customer service.

Gazoo said:
Yes, for the extra $20.00 you get the case, some lightyears and a Nova membership that will allow you discounts on most of their accessories. You will also probably receive a free diffraction grating but I am not sure they are still sending them with the lasers. It is a much better laser than the Nexus, and you do not have to worry about their customer service.
lightyear are like WBs?
what is the diffraction grating? (is for the liquid sky?)
how looks the case?
and... can i light a match easily? from how many feet?
but... isn't the x-100 like the infiniti 95mW from Techlasers?

oh, there is a problem... if i send it to WL, i need to pay shipping (and from italy isn't cheap) :\
so i'll lose about 25$... :\

Abray

one difference, is that if you get a laser from NOVAlasers, it will most likely be overpowered, while your nexus may be underpowered. I have a friend who got an X-105 from NOVAlasers. He had it tested, and it actually had a peak or average (I can't remember which) of 114mW!!!

and about your 25 dollar loss if that happens, it will be well worth it!

Kaboom

Sorry to hear about your problem with your WL, BUT others here tried to warn you BEFORE you purchased.....it may be a hard learned lesson. I would return it, get my money back and go with a Nova or other laser that was recommended here earlier. I personally would buy ANYTHING from them since they adopted a policy of not allowing discussion of other mfr's products on their forum.
Kaboom

they have send me this email:
I can add a Wicked Cap Set (Black) to your replacement to compensate for your return shipping.

what do u think?

PS: i'm trying also to have a pair of lasershades...

ngiapy

i'd say go with novalasers, even though i myself don't even have a laser yet, but there are so many good reviews of novalaser!

Green_Dragon said:
they have send me this email:
I can add a Wicked Cap Set (Black) to your replacement to compensate for your return shipping.

what do u think?

PS: i'm trying also to have a pair of lasershades...

tell them no, you want a REFUND and not a replacement
just be persistent about getting a refund and maybe see if they will pay shipping because you are so unhappy with this 370 DOLLAR product, if they really want your buisness again they should want to make you happy.
all i can tell you is play your situation up, make it bigger than it really is without going overboard

the problem is they have understand to do a replacement and not a refund...
they have also write a RMA with this.

Green_Dragon said:
the problem is they have understand to do a replacement and not a refund...
they have also write a RMA with this.

If you paid with paypal you can threaten a paypal dispute. If you paid by CC, you can threaten a chargeback. That is assuming they aren't holding to their policies. I think there's a full return/refund period, were you still within that?

Once/if you can get a refund, check out this post :p http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1198054189/0
You may find the deals in this bit of shameless-self-promotion to be quite enticing.