Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

WL giving away free Kryptons to underage kids

ddewees

Banned
Agreed!

If you ever change your mind, you can email me dan@wickedlasers.com anytime, and I'd be happy to help with any issues regarding an order.

Not a sales pitch, just trying to do what's right.

ddewees

Banned
I still haven't received the second unit, and I had to go out to St. Paul, MN for 3 weeks on business. I brought one with me, and these guys are about 1.4 miles down the road:

Laservision USA | Laser Safety Glasses, Laser Safety Googles, Laser Safety Windows, Laser Safety Barriers, Laser Safety Publications and Laser Safety Training

I called and asked if I could bring one in, but I still haven't heard back from them. I'll call them again here right now. Thanks for the reminder...

Edit: They apparently don't have the proper equipment to test lasers... go figure.

If there is a member here that is located in the Twin Cities, and willing to test a few lasers for me... PM me... I can provide free beer. :D

Last edited:

Guyfromhe

You're a minnesotan? Minneapolis is a fun place... Gotta get back there soon.

ddewees

Banned
You're a minnesotan? Minneapolis is a fun place... Gotta get back there soon.
This is actually my first time ever visiting...

The strangest part is all the skyways that connect all the buildings... it reminds me of a giant hampster cage.

Guyfromhe

This is actually my first time ever visiting...

The strangest part is all the skyways that connect all the buildings... it reminds me of a giant hampster cage.
Oh you're just visiting?
You wouldn't be saying that if it were January :p

The science museum in St Paul is cool and Valley Fair is sweet if it's still open this time of year.

hyunchoi98

"A company named WickedLasers are truly wicked. A kid blinds himself, parents and his neighbors. The full story at the 9 o' clock news."

I'm 13 also, just like the kid in the video.
but i don't ask for a FREAKING ONE WATT LASER!!!
lol

Even i decided NOT to buy a 50mw laser with my own money
'cause i don't have enough money for goggles

Milliwattage

Sadly this is true! I myself was propositioned by wicked lasers to create an account to do a "review" of their Artic! Of course this "review" had to be extremely positive...they then told me that review units would be shipping in march...It took every ounce of my moral fiber to decline but decline i did.

ddewees

Banned
Sadly this is true! I myself was propositioned by wicked lasers to create an account to do a "review" of their Artic! Of course this "review" had to be extremely positive...they then told me that review units would be shipping in march...It took every ounce of my moral fiber to decline but decline i did.
Is there any truth in this statement?

You just joined today, correct?

Twisted

Ummm... I just turned 13... I've had 5mW lasers and pot modded them since I was nine... Now I just wanna learn and play with my lazerer 100mW violet... Am I bad, Is this bad? Me a 13yr with a 100mW 405nm laser? And yes I have some good survivallaser goggles for 532nm and 405nm, No resemblance of green or violet when they are on me... I'm starting to think because of my age I could be a hazard with high power lasers. Oh and what's kinda odd is when you guys were kids you probably burn't stuff with a magnifying glass? Well that must have been a couple Watts, I think the FDA might be a little crazy with the whole 5mW thing considering you were looking at something WAY more bright with something you cannot blink to, UV LOL. Thx OH and when I was seven I focused a magnifying glass with the sun over my eye and it was really bad for a while and was pretty screwed... I think our eyes can heal with higher powers than you think. I'm still not sure what power to consider safe with goggles on and goggles off...

Ghostchrome

Ummm... I just turned 13... I've had 5mW lasers and pot modded them since I was nine... Now I just wanna learn and play with my lazerer 100mW violet... Am I bad, Is this bad? Me a 13yr with a 100mW 405nm laser? And yes I have some good survivallaser goggles for 532nm and 405nm, No resemblance of green or violet when they are on me... I'm starting to think because of my age I could be a hazard with high power lasers. Oh and what's kinda odd is when you guys were kids you probably burn't stuff with a magnifying glass? Well that must have been a couple Watts, I think the FDA might be a little crazy with the whole 5mW thing considering you were looking at something WAY more bright with something you cannot blink to, UV LOL. Thx OH and when I was seven I focused a magnifying glass with the sun over my eye and it was really bad for a while and was pretty screwed... I think our eyes can heal with higher powers than you think. I'm still not sure what power to consider safe with goggles on and goggles off...
:thinking::huh::wtf:

You just bumped a month-old thread for that?

:spank:

lasersbee

WTF.... was that rambling all about....:thinking:

Jerry

Last edited:

Things

BTW a small magnifying glass can NOT produce a couple of
WATTS of power...:whistle:
On a sunny clear day near the equator at noon in the summer
there is only about 1Watt of the sun's energy that falls on one
(1) square meter on the earth's surface.

Jerry
You're wrong here. With the given conditions, you can expect around 1kW of energy per square metre. A magnifying glass can easily focus a few watts ...

Last edited:

lasersbee

You're wrong here. With the given conditions, you can expect around 1kW of energy per square metre. A magnifying glass can easily focus a few watts ...
I stand corrected... my mistake... first I meant to say ~1kW...

Secondly a standard 3" diameter magnifying glass has a
surface area of ~4536 mm2 and at 1mW/ 1mm2 under those
conditions assuming 100% transmission of sunlight the 3"
diameter magnifying glass could theoretically concentrate
4536mW of sunlight or ~4.5Watts...

I must have had a brain fart when I posted above... thanks
for pointing it out :beer:

Above post corrected...:yabbem:

Jerry

Last edited:

Twisted

LOL What did I just expose my poor eyes to? Why am I not blind?

ShortyInCanada

Just wait until you are in your 40's.
You will notice many a transgression in your vision from your younger and more impertinent days.
But you won't believe me until it's too late.
Such is the way of the world.