Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WL Elite 150 review

Chad

As requested, here's the Wicked Lasers Elite 150 review... sorry for the lack of pictures. I didn't have a camera at the time.  I don't have a lot of time, either, so it's gonna be really short. If you want to know anything else, just ask.

Visual-
Honestly, this is one sexy laser. It has a nice gunmetal finish, and some grooves reminiscent of the Sonars. It seems to be well made, and it's very unique. It oozes hotness.  ;D

Construction-
It's fairly similar to CNI pens.  There were a few spots where it wasn't up-to-par... part of the assembly beneath the aperture cap was loose, and it scratched the lens a few times before I got it fastened down. Some of the threads are misshaped, and the aperture isn't even close to centered. There are also some serious contact issues... half the time it won't even turn on, and usually when it does you have to tap it a few times before it'll work properly.

Performance-
This thing is extremely unstable. I did 4 30-second runs, with these results:

Avg 1: 134mW
Peak 1: 170mW

Avg 2: 74mW
Peak 2: 80mW

Avg 3: 162mW
Peak 3: 196mW

Avg 4: 59mW
Peak 4: 136mW

Yeah. That's how spastic it is.

The divergence was 1.8mRad... a bit over the 1.2 that WL advertises.

It ran mostly in TEM00, but it did hit TEM01 a few times.

Overall-
It's not a good laser... not by my standards anyways. It wasn't made well, struggled to stay above spec, and just failed to satisfy at all. Probably about the same that you'd expect from DX.

RATING-
4/10

And, just so you know, this is the laser that WL sent out to the winner of the Instructables contest at LC. It already had to be RMA'd once. Sucks that they won't even send out a good laser to a freakin contest winner. :mad:

MB500

You should send it to someone who recently bought one and have them return your bad one for a refund. :) Although they could probably figure it out.

Chad

Bump for pictures.

wickedlasers_elite_1.jpg

laser_compare_side_03_425.jpg

laser_compare_vertical_02_250.jpg

2040357233_b57f73821f.jpg

More later... I'm still busy.
High school FTL.

Entity

I don't know if you want to take it apart but would it be possible to swap its insides with those of a cni pointer or are the diodes not the same diameter? Cuz then you could buy a nova x175 and put in in that sexy elite exterior.

I think that the shell itself looks very nice, but performance is more inportant! It seems WL can't do anything good at all. I dont even understand how it is possible to send out so many bad units as they do. :-?

Out of all the laser companies, Wicked has the best looking cases of all of them IMO. They all look great, it sucks that the stuff inside only works half of the time.

This is why they do so well - if it looks good laser noobs make the assumption it works well too.