Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

WL 1.5w lasers?

sopark4000

^^That's what we have been trying to figure out. I guess because they are in China and they have a flashy web site?
Well part of the reason they are still in business is because there scam works by reaching enough new people who don't do enough research before making purchases. There scam relies heavily on advertising and people who don't do a lot of research. If everyone who was considering purchasing from WL looked at the thread "33 reasons not to buy from WL" obviously they wouldn't. Basically as long as there are people who make uninformed purchases and WL keeps spending a lot of money on advertising and search engine manipulation they will stay in business. They use lies on there website like claiming they have "the worlds strongest hand held laser you can legally own", or there claims that they have the only FDA certified hand held high power lasers. It is lies like these that make uninformed buyers think WL is the only option they have.

It has always bothered me that dishonest scumbags like WL rip people off on over priced underspec lasers while there are honest hard working builders on this site that deserve the business a whole lot more than the scammers at WL.

00Giorge

^^I couldn't agree with you more. WL is the reason I came here and did some reading and canceled my order for an S3. I usually do a little research before buying and I didn't when I made my first and last order from them. I hate thieves and scammers and WL fits in that category for me anyway obviously not for some others.:beer:

midias

Okay look, you can chant your laser's power to anything you want, but at end of the day, it's still 788me. If you're happy with it, them that's all that matter.
As for my Krypton, I tested the brightness under a bright sunlight around noon, this is when the sun is very bright or strongest. I'll say it again, the beam was so bright, it overpowered the natual sunlight. I also saw light trace of the beam. So all you haters out there, first get one and try it before you pass judgement or take some hater's word for it.
Also I will post a video of WL arctic laser in action. You tell me if it's as bad some people say. The stuff I will use will be the standard CD case and a white paper, the hardest to burn. Reason for it is because some hater did a video do of Arctic vs Dragon. In the video, Arctic took around 15 seconds to burn a hole. I told him he was a faker and also he rigged the test by using Arctic laser with a low battery. My demo is with a fully charged battery. When you watch the video, time it and see how fast it burns. I don't work for WL, just don't like seeing comments from people that never tried their products.
One more thing, I also have WL's Torch. Again I saw a demo of it on YouTube. The guy rigged the video too. He unfocused the Torch's lens and said the beam ea terrible because it has a very bad beam and a gap. Well had he turned the lens, it would've overpowered the cheap flashlight he was trying to sell.
The poin I'm trying to make here is, don't believe everything you hear or see without testing it for yourself.

I never knew the sun doubles as a LPM.

Also I would put my budget 120 dollar build vs an arctic for burning and power tests. Flexdrive + cree host FTW.

Last edited:

offroadfreak8582

Look guys, I don't make the lasers. I don't decide if it's 750mW or 1.5W or 300W, nor do I make that happen. So whatever they output (and nobody has any idea right now) it has nothing to do with me. What I know is in the fine print our powers are correct, whether I agree with this kind of advertisement is a different story, I'm just saying what is true.
Heey im verry sorry i neg repped you but what you say here is quite honest and true :beer:.

I was still pissed off at you reacting on my video but don't worry I will + Rep you when i can :beer:

greetings,,

lasersbee

All you WL haters need to get real. I have Krypton 1w laser and believe me it's very bright.

I dare any of you to list one company that sells GREEN 1w laser for $1000.
Okay look, you can chant your laser's power to anything you want, but at end of the day, it's still 788me. If you're happy with it, them that's all that matter.

As for my Krypton, I tested the brightness under a bright sunlight around noon, this is when the sun is very bright or strongest. I'll say it again, the beam was so bright, it overpowered the natual sunlight. I also saw light trace of the beam.

Also I will post a video of WL arctic laser in action. You tell me if it's as bad some people say. The stuff I will use will be the standard CD case and a white paper, the hardest to burn.

The poin I'm trying to make here is, don't believe everything you hear or see without testing it for yourself.
All you WL Fanatics need to get real or at least a get CLUE.

I have a 100watt light bulb and believe me it is very bright.

Well WL will not be on that list since they have problems
producing won that runs steady at 1 watt...

Did you measure that with the Sun....:thinking:

Do you have a video of those outrageous childish claims...
:thinking:

That I want to see but you better be using a calibrated
Laser Power Meter. Or will you tell us your camera is
broken...

Don't even bother making a video burning non calibrated
CD cases or non calibrated Paper... I can burn stuff with a
match.... It means nothing...
If you want to be credible do a video of that 1 watt output
on a calibrated Laser Power Meter... It is the only way to
prove Laser Power output....

I've tested my share of Lasers and I will believe your video
of your WL 1 Watt Laser doing a steady 1 Watt when I see it...

Jerry

Last edited:

sopark4000

All you WL Fanatics need to get real or at least a get CLUE.

I have a 100watt light bulb and believe me it is very bright.

Well WL will not be on that list since they have problems
producing won that runs steady at 1 watt...

Did you measure that with the Sun....:thinking:

Do you have a video of those outrageous childish claims...
:thinking:

That I want to see but you better be using a calibrated
Laser Power Meter. Or will you tell us your camera is
broken...

Don't even bother making a video burning non calibrated
CD cases or non calibrated Paper... I can burn stuff with a
match.... It means nothing...
If you want to be credible do a video of that 1 watt output
on a calibrated Laser Power Meter... It is the only way to
prove Laser Power output....

I've tested my share of Lasers and I will believe your video
of your WL 1 Watt Laser doing a steady 1 Watt when I see it...

Jerry
Couldn't have said it any better. It seems that most WL fanatics idea of a LPM is " Herpaderp it berns da paper n da cd case".

ARG

Burns paper? Must be one watt! Burns through a CD case? Must be 1.5W!

Wickeds testing department ^^^^

sopark4000

Burns paper? Must be one watt! Burns through a CD case? Must be 1.5W!

Wickeds testing department ^^^^
hahaha. I would be surprised if they even did that. Hell they probably don't even turn there lasers on before sending them. Considering how many people have gotten laser that were DOA it really seems like a possibility.