Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

WL 1.5w lasers?

InfinitusEquitas

The ONLY known krapton to hit 1W was only on PEAK with Hemlock Mike, and extremely unstable.

By that same logic, I'll upgrade by signature to read my o-like torch to 788mW... and then why not just round up to 800mW, or 1W while I'm at it.

Chances are the packages never would have been confiscated in the first place either if they were ordered from a decent company.

As sopark4000 points out... MONTHS after release, there is still not one verified STABLE 1W Krapton.

jdkunz

the problem with wl is that they advertise incorrectly. They advertise the max possible but if you actually look into it the 1w krapton actually only has a 500 mw diode that is pushed to about 750 but never a full 1w. Every other company advertises as the minimum power and it goes up from there. Wl advertises the max and it is always below it

qumefox

the problem with wl is that they advertise incorrectly. They advertise the max possible but if you actually look into it the 1w krapton actually only has a 500 mw diode that is pushed to about 750 but never a full 1w. Every other company advertises as the minimum power and it goes up from there. Wl advertises the max and it is always below it
You... should probably research what your talking about. These aren't diode lasers. They're DPSS.. The pumps in these are likely 2-3W... MAYBE 5W but I doubt WL would go to that expense.

jdkunz

I know they are dpss lasers I just use diode as a generic term for the laser component itself but according to wl their 1w krypton has a 500mw module in it

sopark4000

All you WL haters need to get real. I have Krypton 1w laser and believe me it's very bright. Someone tested the laser on here and it peaked over 1w. So if you haven't bought one, then keep the hate to yourselves.
I dare any of you to list one company that sells GREEN 1w laser for $1000. The one I found wanted $3,500. Most companies will not guarantee delivery because of customs. I had 2 of my lasers confiscated. Thanks to WL, they reshipped it.
It's also funny that your lasers from WL got confiscated considering that WL claims that there lasers are 100% FDA certified, and you wonder why we dislike WL here

InfinitusEquitas

It's also funny that your lasers from WL got confiscated considering that WL claims that there lasers are 100% FDA certified, and you wonder why we dislike WL here
I think he might be from a country other than US...

Still I really do think that if he ordered from other companies he would not have had an issue. WL got a ton of publicity, and as a result they are on a watch list.

So one is left to wonder exactly how long from the original order it took them to deliver ANYTHING.

sopark4000

I think he might be from a country other than US...

Still I really do think that if he ordered from other companies he would not have had an issue. WL got a ton of publicity, and as a result they are on a watch list.

So one is left to wonder exactly how long from the original order it took them to deliver ANYTHING.
Oh yea you're right he's in ontario. Either way that doesn't change the fact that WL sells over priced garbage and lies.

JADWY

The ONLY known krapton to hit 1W was only on PEAK with Hemlock Mike, and extremely unstable.

By that same logic, I'll upgrade by signature to read my o-like torch to 788mW... and then why not just round up to 800mW, or 1W while I'm at it.

Chances are the packages never would have been confiscated in the first place either if they were ordered from a decent company.

As sopark4000 points out... MONTHS after release, there is still not one verified STABLE 1W Krapton.
Okay look, you can chant your laser's power to anything you want, but at end of the day, it's still 788me. If you're happy with it, them that's all that matter.
As for my Krypton, I tested the brightness under a bright sunlight around noon, this is when the sun is very bright or strongest. I'll say it again, the beam was so bright, it overpowered the natual sunlight. I also saw light trace of the beam. So all you haters out there, first get one and try it before you pass judgement or take some hater's word for it.
Also I will post a video of WL arctic laser in action. You tell me if it's as bad some people say. The stuff I will use will be the standard CD case and a white paper, the hardest to burn. Reason for it is because some hater did a video do of Arctic vs Dragon. In the video, Arctic took around 15 seconds to burn a hole. I told him he was a faker and also he rigged the test by using Arctic laser with a low battery. My demo is with a fully charged battery. When you watch the video, time it and see how fast it burns. I don't work for WL, just don't like seeing comments from people that never tried their products.
One more thing, I also have WL's Torch. Again I saw a demo of it on YouTube. The guy rigged the video too. He unfocused the Torch's lens and said the beam ea terrible because it has a very bad beam and a gap. Well had he turned the lens, it would've overpowered the cheap flashlight he was trying to sell.
The poin I'm trying to make here is, don't believe everything you hear or see without testing it for yourself.

JADWY

Oh yea you're right he's in ontario. Either way that doesn't change the fact that WL sells over priced garbage and lies.
Thanks for your advice but I tried my lasers for much longer than that. In fact for minutes, sometimes till the battery was low. That's the part I like, 100% duty cycle. Not had a problem yet. My lasers doesn't even get hot.
Can you show me a laser like that? I've searched everywhere and most had 30 sec on and 15 sec off.

jdkunz

funny thing where is the heat going if it isn't going to the host/heat sink? Just the laser itself? That's not very good design. All i expect is to get what i payed for. With the arctic vs spartan mine costs less and is more powerfull by 300-400mw. This is compared to my friend with the arctic with a peak of 750 and 70 extra dollars and fresh charged batteries in both

sopark4000

Thanks for your advice but I tried my lasers for much longer than that. In fact for minutes, sometimes till the battery was low. That's the part I like, 100% duty cycle. Not had a problem yet. My lasers doesn't even get hot.
Can you show me a laser like that? I've searched everywhere and most had 30 sec on and 15 sec off.
Dude I don't really care. WL sells garbage and lies. They advertise there krapton at 1W for $1,000 and it's bullshit. Apparently the way you judge the power of your laser is the following.

"Herp a derp it berns da CD case n da white paper and I seez it in duh sunlight and dat meanz WL is telling da truth"

They are simply a shit company that is good at one thing, advertising. Have a pleasant day with your over priced, underspec, IR leaking Krapton (notice the brown coloring ;) )

Last edited:

Blade

Before I bought my Hercules 500 from Laserglow i spent many days during research and i hear nothing but bad things about Wicked Lasers. How they come under spec and bad customer service.

IN REGARDS TO THE RECORD HOLDER IT BELONGS TO LG HERES THE LINK: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-4000/:beer:-powerful-handheld-laser/

:beer:

theres something wrong with your link. i dont think you can have ":" in the web path. it says "severe error" :thinking:

sopark4000

The guinness website has listed the LG hercules as the most powerful handheld for some time now although the WL site does have some photo shopped graphic made to look like it's from guinness, there shamelessness knows no bounds.