Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wish me luck..

im taking my exam for the comptia a+ essentials tomorrow. hopefully if i study enough i can get my 602(it tech) exam done within the next 2 weeks. i already know a little b/c of certain hobbies i have being an avid DIYer so the learning curve shouldnt be too bad...

daguin

im taking my exam for the comptia a+ essentials tomorrow. hopefully if i study enough i can get my 602(it tech) exam done within the next 2 weeks. i already know a little b/c of certain hobbies i have being an avid DIYer so the learning curve shouldnt be too bad...

People who study don't need luck.

Do well.

Peace,
dave

yeah the only thing is that comptia exams are subject to change at any time. ive been using the practice tests from totalsem.com and theyre made by a guy named mike myers. he writes an all in one a+ book and updates them constantly. its funny b/c you have to empty all your pockets when you get there and all you get is 2 pencils and some scratch paper besides the testing materials. the tests are ~150$ each and the study materials cost me close to 400$.. lol :)

daguin

yeah the only thing is that comptia exams are subject to change at any time. ive been using the practice tests from totalsem.com and theyre made by a guy named mike myers. he writes an all in one a+ book and updates them constantly. its funny b/c you have to empty all your pockets when you get there and all you get is 2 pencils and some scratch paper besides the testing materials. the tests are ~150$ each and the study materials cost me close to 400$.. lol :)

I feel your pain. My comprehensive exams for my Masters took four 5-hour days to finish. Then I got the fun of orally defending my answers to my committee.

After I passed, I bought myself the entire (at the time - 1995) "Elf Quest" series and read comic books for two weeks. :whistle:

Digital EQ: Online Comics

Pure mindless fun

Peace,
dave

Rob

Oy that's one expensive test. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine.

@Dave
Defending your answers orally before a committee? That's intense, but sounds interesting. I like that sorta thing. Yeah, I know I'm weird. Hahaha. :p

Great way to reward yourself after all of it though.

Oy that's one expensive test. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine.

@Dave
Defending your answers orally before a committee? That's intense, but sounds interesting. I like that sorta thing. Yeah, I know I'm weird. Hahaha. :p

Great way to reward yourself after all of it though.

yeah but the money ill be making will be better. the thing about IT is that theres really no cap to what you can make. the more you learn the more you can make and you learn a lot while your on the job. IT is also a fairly recession proof job b/c most companies always need IT work...

Rob

Yeah that's very true. Do you enjoy working in IT? I considered it myself for awhile but was a bit afraid that doing computer maintenance day in and day would destroy my love for computers.

most of my hobbies include computers/electronics so yeah i think ill enjoy it more than cooking in a restaurant or working in a bar.. theres not many choices for jobs around where i live. most people i know with degrees cant even use them b/c of the lack of jobs around here. this one guy i know has a teaching degree but works in a restaurant.. another guy with a computer degree works as a mechanic for his dads truck company.. it wont kill my love for computers or tech but it will kill my want to help people with their comps. most of my friends come to me when they have a problem and i dont think ill be as willing to help them b/c ill be dealing with it all day..

Rob

Ah totally understandable. A man has to do what he can to survive and provide for himself. Sadly this economy has hit everyone pretty hard. :(

It's the same with my friends and family as well, I'm always the go to guy for their computer problems. It's been wearing a bit thin on me though lately, I've had to completely wipe and restore 5 computers in the last month. Doesn't sound like a lot but when you're juggling work and school, it can be a bit much. I really enjoy helping others with their computer problems though, that's what kind of drew me to IT.

the lack of jobs here has nothing to do with the economy but it has gotten worse since the recession. theres 3 main things here... churches(mostly baptist) on almost every corner, restaurants, and schools and not much else. there are 2 main hospitals here but most of the good jobs in those take degrees. with the healthcare situation going the way it is i dont think a hospital job would be the way to go right now either.. most all businesses always need IT work done though! :)

Best Wishes on your exam, drew. At your level of intelligence, as DAVE said, "you don't need luck". If you put in the same kind of time & effort into the studying & taking of this exam, as you do when you build me a laser, you should have no problem getting a fine grade. Every laser I have ever received from you was masterfully crafted & they all still work as good today as the day that I received them. IMHO, you have NO WORRIES !!! rob

HIMNL9

People who study don't need luck.

I'm glad to hear that ..... this mean, probably, that you are not like the physic teacher that i had at school, that had the bad abitude to talk for a week about a specific argument, preparing us for a wednesday-flying-examination, then arrive the wednesday and, half of the times, give a totally different argument as examination subject ..... :p

@ ndrew: study hard (as Dave said for the learning) AND Good Luck (just in case your teacher resemble mine :p)

I'm glad to hear that ..... this mean, probably, that you are not like the physic teacher that i had at school, that had the bad abitude to talk for a week about a specific argument, preparing us for a Wednesday-flying-examination, then arrive the Wednesday and, half of the times, give a totally different argument as examination subject ..... :p

I feel you! In my Uni some teachers had discovered that with the student books they got a teachers book, which had a pdf presentation of the whole book. It also contained a exam maker, which you put down (in the program), from which chapters of the book to comprise the test, then you set the difficulty moderation and you set the number of questions for the test. This resulted in months of teacher blabbering and emphasizing different points during the whole coarse which where complete irrelevant; to the extent that 09% of the exams where irrelevant to what was being said in class...

The only solution was to just disregard anything the teachers where saying and just read the book by yourself

P.S Goodluck :)

Last edited:
Good luck Drew!

you-can-do-it.jpg

well i didnt do as well as i expected or wanted but i still passed.. i got a 700 and the passing score was 675. :(

still good though! :)

NICE GOIN' DREW. What comes next for you in the edumacation arena ?............. rob