Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wiring Diagram Confirmation for LPC-815 & Flexdrive.

Fiddy

G'day fellas,

Starting my first 660nm Guidesman build, just need someone to confirm the correct wiring for a flexdrive V5 & a LPC-815 diode!

660nmWiring.jpg

If this is wrong can someone point me in the right direction?
Also there's nothing i have to change on the flexdrive to drive a 660nm is there?

Cheers!

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Im not to sure about flex's but with my Jib77 driver I had to connect all three wires to the diode, then connect the case to the V- which would be the un-used hole in the flex

As I said before Im not too sure about flex's, You might have to bridge the case with the LD- pin

Guidesmans use the body as a negative path so negative will come from aixiz modules casing/the guidesman's heatsink

Fiddy

Just got a few LPC-815 diodes today...

Does this look like it is seated properly?

3-13.jpg

2-5.jpg

1-8.jpg

LaZeRz

Maybe you could press it down a tiny bit more

If your really careful you can use a piece of antenna

Looks fine to me as well. LOCs are case negative so unlike the 445/405s no need to bridge ant pins.

If you're going to be building more than one or two lasers I'd invest in a set of in and out diode presses if you don't already have one. Flamingpyro has a set that are ~$30. I wish I had gotten his diode in press because unlike mine it's drilled all the way though so if you buy a diode with leads already attached you don't need to desolder them. His diode extractor is great too for when you have to remove a diode from a module. Doesn't damage them either so you can reuse the diode and module too. Oh as long as i'm pimping his products pick up one of those little tools he sells for adjusting the pots on flex drives and the like.

Fiddy

Ok thanks for that, its the first of many LOC's ive got to seat!
Ive got 2x press tools and 2x removal tools :)

Fiddy

Update: Built it today, went very smooth, the flexdrive has a broken wiper on the adjustment pot so its permanently fixed at 412mA its outputting 240mW with a aixiz 3 element glass lens! i have some 660nm AR coated lenses in the mail so will test them later to see if they increase the power.
240mW660nmRun2.jpg

1-11.jpg

Last edited:

Fiddy

used my 405-G-1 lens and gained 50mW to make 290mW :)

240mW660nm405-G-1Lens.jpg

Last edited:
General rule of thumb. Single element lenses = more power. Multi element lenses = better beam characteristics. So it all depends on your goal.

On single mode diodes I usually always use single element lenses because the dot is usually clean enough as it is. I generally always use 3 elements with 445's though because they tame the 'line' a LOT.

For reds I use my AR coated acrylics. I just wish there was a cheaper single element alternative to the 405-g-1 for 405nm even if it wasn't quite as optimized. Acrylics aren't very workable there due to the yellowing that happens with them due to the UV.