Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Windows 7

I installed it about 2 weeks ago, I got a fully legitimate version because my cousin works at AMD, and got a gift!

Now I dont know where to start, the fact that it looks so nice and simple, or that it boots up faster than XP and Vista combined. For me, this a MAJOR upgrade.

I have to say its amazing! So much better than Windows Vista..

Since I had 32bit, I had to loose everything to install it, or so I thought... I installed it and on the installation I selected fresh or something and under it said that it would delete EVERYTHING, well, it didnt. After I installed W7 I was like wtf why do I only have 90GB of 360GB left? Then I saw a pretty little folder named windows.old . EVERYTHING was there.

Before I installed it, I noticed that I couldent download drivers for my video card, then I found that W7 automatically installs ALL drivers, this literally made me say Holy Shi- to myself outload. It got my video card and internet card even before the setup finished, I knew this because 1. My screen was on, 2 My wireless internet card was already flashing! For people that dont know what drivers are, they are like little programs that make hardware work, like a printer.

In my opinion, Windows 7 is Microsoft's way of saying "Were sorry about Windows Vista, this is how it should have been".

Anyone else installed it?

Hi there im a windows 7 user, and i got the legitimate version too , i work for Linksys here in the Philippines, basically, the best procedure is really formatting your hard drive making everything gone, before you install your windows 7, it only needs 80GB of space, including the updates..

:drool: enough said? -GH

btw, can this replace my Vista on my Compaq?

Last edited:
I've been using windows 7 since it went gold on my personal computer exclusively.

It's running on a qx9770 @4.2ghz
8gb DDR 3 @ 1866mhz
2x 250gb vertex ssd in raid

it runs smooth , I have some inconsistencies with programs

Shall be installing this momentarily. I hope the audio problem I had on the beta is gone. I had severe crackling audio for some reason.

:drool: enough said? -GH

btw, can this replace my Vista on my Compaq?

yeah you can just buy one legitimate and i will help you how to upgrade from Vista without erasing anything and will only require 80gb of space..

:)
email me so i can assist you..

[...]Windows 7 is Microsoft's way of saying "Were sorry about Windows Vista, this is how it should have been".
"Oh, and give us $200 please."

Windows 7 started development around the time that XP first started development, about ten years ago... They intended to release windows 7 back in 2005 or so, but got delayed and decided to release a version of what they were working on, missing several features, and they called it Windows Vista. Vista was not supposed to exist, it was released as an excuse why they weren't able to ship Blackcomb on time. Three years later, windows 7 is what vista was supposed to be. It irons out all the bugs and incompatibilities of vista, and I'm quite happy with it. All I can say is "It's about time".. They've been developing it since people were using windows 98.

I love how you guys say "It only takes 80gigs of space". That's funny, because 80% of the people I know, only have 80gigs of space at best. Especially those who own laptops.

Now for me...I have over 1.5TB, so it isn't much of an issue.

HIMNL9

Still sticked on XP, now that it works (almost) as a true OS :p

When M$ can DEMONSTRATE me that Vienna is better (in ALL) than XP, maybe i think about swap, but til that day, nope :p

"Oh, and give us $200 please."

Windows 7 started development around the time that XP first started development, about ten years ago... They intended to release windows 7 back in 2005 or so, but got delayed and decided to release a version of what they were working on, missing several features, and they called it Windows Vista. Vista was not supposed to exist, it was released as an excuse why they weren't able to ship Blackcomb on time. Three years later, windows 7 is what vista was supposed to be. It irons out all the bugs and incompatibilities of vista, and I'm quite happy with it. All I can say is "It's about time".. They've been developing it since people were using windows 98.

I love your post, thanks.

I love how you guys say "It only takes 80gigs of space". That's funny, because 80% of the people I know, only have 80gigs of space at best. Especially those who own laptops.

80GB is nothing these days. Unless you have a very old computer, you should have more than 80GB.

Not to mention how cheap they are now.

160GB for 43$:
Newegg.com - HITACHI Deskstar P7K500 0A35389 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA133 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
250GB for 65$
Newegg.com - Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD2500BEVS 250GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 1.5Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive - Laptop Hard Drives
1.5TB for 120$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148337

Yeah, I dont think so.

LOL same here... i got a 2TB space on my Laptop (HP Compaq Presario CQ40) modified, (AMD/ATI Processor/1gb ATI radeon graphics) 4gb Memory expansion, with finger biometric lock system..

LOL same here... i got a 2TB space on my Laptop (HP Compaq Presario CQ40) modified, (AMD/ATI Processor/1gb ATI radeon graphics) 4gb Memory expansion, with finger biometric lock system..

You'd better have more than 4 drives in that laptop (which is not possible btw, I have a dead CQ40 at work and it only has 1 hdd slot), considering the highest capacity laptop drive currently available is 500gb.

Anyways, one way or another, I'll bet the 80gb quote is a typo, since I've installed windows 7 on hardrrives smaller than 80gb. If I recall correctly, windows 7 RC1 on my laptop took up a little under 10gb. Still bigger than an OS should be, ubuntu with all the extras (including all sorts of image manipulation tools and 3d rendering software) takes up less than 50% of the 10gb harddrive I have installed in the old laptop serving our webpage at work. (not to mention it has all the source files for the images on our website, which I'm sure is a gig by itself... I'm pretty sure a full featured linux install takes up less than 2gb.)

Anyways, one way or another, I'll bet the 80gb quote is a typo, since I've installed windows 7 on hardrrives smaller than 80gb. If I recall correctly, windows 7 RC1 on my laptop took up a little under 10gb.)
Indeed. The day we can compress 80gb into a 3gb ISO is a swell day indeed.

You'd better have more than 4 drives in that laptop (which is not possible btw, I have a dead CQ40 at work and it only has 1 hdd slot), considering the highest capacity laptop drive currently available is 500gb.

Anyways, one way or another, I'll bet the 80gb quote is a typo, since I've installed windows 7 on hardrrives smaller than 80gb. If I recall correctly, windows 7 RC1 on my laptop took up a little under 10gb. Still bigger than an OS should be, ubuntu with all the extras (including all sorts of image manipulation tools and 3d rendering software) takes up less than 50% of the 10gb harddrive I have installed in the old laptop serving our webpage at work. (not to mention it has all the source files for the images on our website, which I'm sure is a gig by itself... I'm pretty sure a full featured linux install takes up less than 2gb.)

this laptop has only one HD and its 2TB really, i got a friend from hitachi Philippines who gave me the HD for testing.. she replaced the HD of my cq40 which is 500gb she told me to keep my old hd for warranty (under hp)...

and the test is really awesome.. the HD will be released to the philippine public this October 29th.. which my B-day.. my friend told me this is her gift to me... :p

so far the largest i know is 700gb yet i was amazed with this HD, though this is for testing as of now.. all i can say this 2 TB thing makes my laptop a bit slower when it boots. anyway (i might reinstall back my 500gb make just make this as an EXTERTAL HD) because i think its better that way..

here is one of the article that a friend of mine gave to me, this is somehow the one being released now. then the 2TB will be released after the testings are completed. So far my friend gave me a chance to test drive this one.... and keep it when the test is over.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/storag...Launches_Enterprise_Class_2TB_Hard_Drive.html

Last edited: