Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

will USA customs seize my novalasers x125?

Rswitz

will USA customs seize my novalasers x125? I ordered it last night (the 24th) and according to the website it has not shipped yet. This is fine, as it takes a day to ship, but when it does, will it get through USA customs? The x125 is not FDA compliant, so I am worried. also, I opted for the free airmail USA shipping with no tracking, but is there anyway I can track my package once it gets in the united states? maybe through usps? If customs does seize my package, what will happen? will I ever receive it? I have heard of people having to pay customs a fee to let the laser pass through. I hope this does not happen to me. Thank you.

Razako

You'll be find 99.9% of the time. I ordered an X-100 earlier this year and it got through without any issues. If it does get taken nova will send you a free replacement.

Also, FWIW, you can always ask companies tp send the unit in two pieces, usually at an additional $4.00 US for shipping. Cheap insurance.

Also, there is a Canadian member here who is doing re-shipping to the US. He's been dealing with DX, but he might accept deliver of your package. He will then (on request) remove the stickers, test the laser's mW power, re-box it and mark it as a gift - led flashlight with a low value. Do a search for re-shipping service. He's a really great guy, not profiting at all from this, just giving back to the forum.

Joe B.

Rswitz

thanks for the replies guys, but now I am wondering what will happen if the second replacement package gets taken? will nova just keep sending them until I receive one?

Rswitz

and also I was wondering what shipping service did you use? I used the free airmail usa with no tracking. not being able to track my package really scares me lol. if my laser gets taken by customs how will I know about it?

Razako

and also I was wondering what shipping service did you use? I used the free airmail usa with no tracking. not being able to track my package really scares me lol. if my laser gets taken by customs how will I know about it?
I used the free shipping too and everything was fine. If customs takes your laser you'll either get the empty package with a note from them in it or they'll send you a letter complaining.

Rswitz - It's starting to get real annoying that 95% of your posts are asking the same questions...

Why don't you just start a tread and let it run it's course before asking your question multiple times and starting multiple treads? I understand that you're concerned about your laser making it across the boarder, but that still doesn't warrant asking the same questions 20 times...

Rswitz

You'll be find 99.9% of the time. I ordered an X-100 earlier this year and it got through without any issues. If it does get taken nova will send you a free replacement.

how long did it take to receive your laser?

I hear that if a person keeps trying to find out if his laser MIGHT get siezed that Customs will look for that package and take it every time. so---shhhh !!