Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Will these laser saftey goggles work for 1.4w 445nm?

OK Thanks.
Sorry for posting in the wrong section MR Moderator. :oops:. :tired:

For the price, consider the goggles sold by RadiantShades for Blue and Green Lasers

Those have been tested... Much as I like o-like, I don't trust them as much as company run by fellow LPFers. Do a little detective work and PM the owners, they may even give you a discount;)

Good call on investing in safety goggles:beer:

I have had a look at them, been doing some research heard bad things about the o-like. them that you linked will probably be on the limit with my laser. I Have been looking at the dragon lasers goggles. but im still undecided. also wondering if i should get survival lasers Eagle Pair.

I personally use the Eagle Pair slip over version, and I own another pair of the regular eagle pair goggles. They are very good for wavelengths that I need them to cover, meaning roughly 400nm to 540nm. They don't offer any kind of protection against IR.

Dragon lasers goggles have also been extensively reviewed, and are a good option, though again, pay attention to what exactly the protect from.

O-like is a pretty reputable company actually. They are by no means perfect, but a lot better than 95% of the cheap laser site out there. They do offer a model of goggles that's more expensive: 405nm,445nm,808nm,1064nm safety goggles/200-450,800-2000nm [OLLS1064] - $45.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products and if you look closely you'll see they are actually branded as being Eagle Pair - don't know how much I would trust those though. The gap in protection between 450 and 800 makes the unsuitable for green lasers...

Just about any goggles are better than nothing, get the eagle pair from survival lasers, or the dragon lasers goggles, either of those would be good choices for a relatively low price. If you're on a tight budget get the ones i linked above from radiant. While I wouldn't really trust those too much to protect from a prolonged, direct hit, they should at least provide safety from a momentary reflection.

Last edited:
If you\'re on a tight budget get the ones i linked above from radiant. While I wouldn\'t really trust those too much to protect from a prolonged, direct hit, they should at least provide safety from a momentary reflection.

Even with 1.4w of power do you think these will be ok for now?

Even with 1.4w of power do you think these will be ok for now?

In my opinion and if they were for me, for that power (1.4W) the (RadiantShades for Blue and Green Lasers) meeting which does not protect enough, but it is my opinion.

Note that for this wavelength 445nm are protection OD 2.5, in this case for a 1.4W power, pass through the goggles a 4.42mW approximately.

For me, personally I find it is a lot.

I would choose superior protection for me.

BTW, getting a pair of safety goggles does not mean that you can carelessly shine around the house and on shiny objects. Having put on a tested and guaranteed OD4 google still does not mean that you can shine it at the eyes.

Piferal is right. Personally I don't use those because I think they do offer too little protection for 1W+ but they do offer some protection.

On the other hand it's not likely that you will shine the laser directly into your eye, from up close, so the primary concern is with any kind of reflections. Since the reflection will not have anywhere near the same amount of power, for reflections only... those goggles should be fine.

Honestly, you only get two eyes, if you have problems affording better protection for your eyes, save up and wait. I personally want goggles that will work even in a worst case scenario.... not the most likely scenario, to me the risk isn't worth it.

Btw, 2100 also makes a good point... you should still be very careful where you shine the laser. At 1W+ you can damage pixels on a monitor of you're careless, or set something on fire if you leave it on the same spot long enough.

Thanks for your help guys.
I think im going to go with dragon lasers, thats if i can actually pay them, it wont accept my card:confused:. so i have asked them if i can pay with paypal. :yh:

EDIT:
BTW, getting a pair of safety goggles does not mean that you can carelessly shine around the house and on shiny objects. Having put on a tested and guaranteed OD4 google still does not mean that you can shine it at the eyes.

Yea I did realize that they don't make you completely safe, Thanks

Last edited:

Yea I did realize that they don't make you completely safe, Thanks

Well they are pretty safe....the OD4-5 ones. I mean we are not using 4W 445s with TEM00 and super low divergence here.

Its the same with Best Practices in the corporate world. Or for firearms, you just don't point an unloaded gun around at your torso, COCK it and squeeze the trigger. Not even with plastic blanks + blank attachment which takes out most of the punch. But then of course there will always be people who will wear a bullet proof vest and try out LIVE rounds on them (check youtube!). Having good glasses + really tough standard operating procedures is to take out any accidents resulting from jokers or the untrained. If we do follow the toughest SOP, we can't even operate the lasers in 99.999% of the cases found in the forums here.

Last edited:
Well I got the dragon lasers goggles today, they are spot on. They do an awesome job. Just let enough light through to see where the dot is. Perfect.
:p