Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Will it sting - x125?(nova)

Okay. I'm thinking about getting a laser from NOVALASERS. I know they are good from reading all these reviews about them on this site. I know that they sometimes output more then you paid for. But what I'm wondering is will the laser sting peoples skin from.. oh.. say.. 4 feet away? On WL it says 55mw will, but I don't trust them..

Thanks,
Elimination.

Amnizu

If you have an incredibly steady hand, you could sting (which is a misnomer, you're actually burning them) someone's skin from 4 feet away.

At 4 feet the dot will be bigger, so you would have to keep the laser perfectly still, but your "victim" will move so it would be pretty hard.

iewed

If your going to buy an X-125 just to sting/burn peoples skin, your better off not getting a high powered laser at all. One false move with the lasers while "stinging" someones' skin and you could blind them forever.
A high powered lasers is like a .50 Cal for the eyes, and should be treated as such.

But if that wasn't your idea, and you where just asking about it's capabilities, yes, an X-125 would sting someones skin from about 4 feet away.

Yes, 125mw+ will sting skin for a few feet, it will sting even more if that person is african-american or has sharpie marker on them.

Or aim for any possible tattoos ::).

Man, my x125 does not sting my skin much, not even at close. Maybe I need to get some other batteries...
But yeah, if I use a marker it hurts quite a bit. Ouch!

Switch

spyrorocks said:
Yes, 125mw+ will sting skin for a few feet, it will sting even more if that person is african-american or has sharpie marker on them.
Oh yea I see where this is going ::)
Now before some A-hole walses in here making quadruple posts ,I AM FRICKIN KIDDIN!!!

FireMyLaser, maybe you should get a sun tan. ;D Seriously, I can't feel my dvd laser but my sister sure can.And it's just a slight difference in tanning between us.

I can't feel my dvd laser but my sister sure can.And it's just a slight difference in tanning between us.

well IMHO your sister can feel a burn because she is a woman and has a thinner skin than yours, being a man you have a thicker skin.

am not saying you're wrong, maybe it IS because of the tint on your skin but i dont know how you look so i cant say.

Switch said:
FireMyLaser, maybe you should get a sun tan.

;D Dude, I knew that someone would say that! I will test with some other batteries and see (feel) what happens.

Yea, I was just wondering if say I was lighting a match and I slipped, how fast it would burn my hand, or my friends hand. I won't go running round laser sniping people. :p

Amnizu

It takes 3-7 seconds to actually start burning, in my experience, even with my 300mW green.

My x105 averages stings my skin instantly within 2 feet. But I'm pretty tan. I removed the IR filter recently, however, I don't know if skin absorbs IR radiation so I don't know if it makes a difference or not.