Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WILL be posting a review of a 50mw 532nm $17 laser from cheaptronics4u opinions?! :)

Having interest in Lasers since the age of 13 (8 years ago) *red pointers at the time* and being new to the LPF I decided to purchase my first green laser. having ordered two Arctics in the past month, a nagging feeling in the back of my mind has brought up an impulse of purchasing a green 532nm laser, which has been on my mind ever since an old friend has shown me his undisclosed..mw green laser pen which you could see the beam of.
having searched the web for the past two days, I came across the supposed 50mw Green Laser powered by two AA batteries, which is ideal in my opinion as I don't have to worry about buying a charger and specific batteries or worry about lousy AAAs.

As soon as I get the laser shipped I will post a detailed review, take pictures, and maybe add a video *if i manage to get the white iphone before my review*

I bought my badboy at
50mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (Black)

I highly doubt this will be a true 50mw 532nm, but since I don't have anything to test the wattage? with, i really can't say/complain. as long as I'll be able to see the beam, I'll be satisfied with my purchase.

has anybody bought a similar laser in the past????

That looks exactly the same as the focaprice 50mW but for $2 more. They even have the same bland descriptions. It's usual output is 30mW but who knows this one might be different. Give us info if you get it. My guess is it is the same laser, but they will have charged you more. If I were you, I'd save my money for a budgetgadgets 50mW or a rayfoss 50mW.

Last edited:
That looks exactly the same as the focaprice 50mW but for $2 more. They even have the same bland descriptions. It's usual output is 30mW but who knows this one might be different. Give us info if you get it. My guess is it is the same laser, but they will have charged you more. If I were you, I'd save my money for a budgetgadgets 50mW or a rayfoss 50mW.

Goddammit. God dammit.

I already received confirmation email that it's awaiting shipment, but I strongly question it's output.

either way I thought it was a great buy considering the price, AA batteries, size, and predicted visibility.

I have no desire to burn holes in plastic, or light matches/fireworks, as fireworks are illegal in the state i live in. 50mw just seems ideal to be used as a beam pointer. :)

Well don't expect more than 30mW. 40mW will be the most. You should have saved money for a budgetgadgets or rayfoss one because those are true 50mW lasers. With my rayfoss 50mW-FLX laser I can light matches! You can buy an o-like 50mW laser for just a couple more bucks and when o-like says it's 50mW it's usually 50mW or more. That's not a good pointer because I had this laser and it did nothing but mode hop (but that might be because I live in Phoenix where it gets to 120 degrees)

Order's now shipped.... just got a confirmation email.

wish I could say the same about the S3 Arctic.. but that's a pointless conversation.

when should I expect to receive it you think?? I've never ordered anything from cheapo chinese retailers. =/

Asa

Best of luck with your laser man! I'm hoping to order my first soon.

Best of luck with your laser man! I'm hoping to order my first soon.
Just don't make this one :crackup: it has horrible heat sinking, usually 2-6 degrees off center, and has lots of artifacts around the spot. If you have no green lasers, I suggest the Dealextreme green laser as a first.
DealExtreme: $10.08 True Green Laser Pen 5mW
It's usually 10-30mW not one has been 5mW. Some people have reported their DX greenie to even be 50mW!

Last edited:
Can we please stop making these kinds of threads about thing we are GOING to buy? Or things we are GOING to make a review on? ACT before you post please! Its not just you Cheeky, but please can we just buy something without announcing the purchase to everyone every time?

Captain Dan? You too please!

Thanks guys!

Cheeky: Just let us know when the laser comes in, after you've done some testing and have something decent to say about it. Make us a nice review! I hope the laser comes in ok..

Can we please stop making these kinds of threads about thing we are GOING to buy? Or things we are GOING to make a review on? ACT before you post please! Its not just you Cheeky, but please can we just buy something without announcing the purchase to everyone every time?

Captain Dan? You too please!

Thanks guys!

Cheeky: Just let us know when the laser comes in, after you've done some testing and have something decent to say about it. Make us a nice review! I hope the laser comes in ok..

could you explain your reason for such a statement.

I mean i can see why this is a rather useless thread, but I still think it provides useful information to those who are speculating.
and that is all I'm offering, information. *that is not false, and offers insight on a company few/if any have heard of*

I don't see why this is such a taboo, and I would like to hear a moderator comment on it.

again I apologize for being rude? if i am. but I don't see any wrongdoing. :(

seoguy

Host definitely looks better than a pen style! Once you get it, I would be interested in hearing how easy it is to take apart, and what type module it uses?

Also, if what they are claiming about being able to run on a single AA is true, then that laser would contain an interesting "boost" driver as well!

If so, I would be very interested in seeing pics of that driver! :cool:

Captain_Dan said:
If you have no green lasers, I suggest the Dealextreme green laser as a first.
DealExtreme: $10.08 True Green Laser Pen 5mW
It's usually 10-30mW not one has been 5mW. Some people have reported their DX greenie to even be 50mW!

Definitely agree! Their great performance is due to the fact that the DX True 5mw-50mw all use the same module. ;) IIRC, some have even been successfully modded to > 75mw!

BTW, I don't see anything wrong with asking for others' opinions when contemplating a new purchase, or in giving the LPF community a "Head's-Up" about an interesting find. I for one found this thread to be interesting and informative! :thanks: