Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers S3 Krypton - 1W Review

Long review... not going to WL and objectivity bash since that's already been covered by others... I completely agree with them though:whistle:

Since you're new to the hobby obviously you don't have an LPM, but how about some pictures and/or video?

Btw, 90%+ of the hosts used for handheld pointers are aluminum, and while it's a great host, it has one HUGE minus... it's not focusable.

Yup... blood, sweat, some tears, and torn out hair... yours. Best case scenario you get an underspec and overpriced laser after 3 or more weeks of waiting. Discover that it is underspec, send it back (at your cost btw) and get ANOTHER underspec laser in exchange.

So the only reason I can think of to go through that is if you enjoy being hurt.

Half the price, and same amount of power, if not more... it's a no brainer.

Good points.. but I spose it's a dilemma really..

On one hand I could make a completely unbiased Review.. if it's bad.. then the consequences will be DIRE!!

It will be hopefully made a sticky.. etc etc etc

Bad naming WL forever, and going down in LPF history..

And I'm left with a nice looking host and allright power.

Obviously that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I hope it will be like that.

Or I could just get a Firedragon.

Last edited:

WL already has a terrible name with LPF... another bad review +/- won't make any difference.

There are two reviews of cherry picked (or at least probably cherry picked) units that were LPMed by LPF members already... and even with those neither got 1W of power. (Except Peak, but IMO that doesn't count.)

nevumx

Very nice review, i wish you had a LPM.
Where do you live because i live in Greece too, so i can LPM it for you if you want.
+1 :beer:

Jim

Yeah, my dad lives in greece, but I live in Canada, long story, but thank you anyway, if you know anyone in Montreal with an LPM (probably alot of people) I would love to get it tested, and I did take a video, I just don't know the best way of showing it (youtube or attachment, and if attachment, what file format?) I guess I can do both... Alright, I can update it, lets go for a youtube view...

EDIT:

Since you're new to the hobby obviously you don't have an LPM, but how about some pictures and/or video?

Consider it done. Seriously.

Last edited:
Yeah, my dad lives in greece, but I live in Canada, long story, but thank you anyway, if you know anyone in Montreal with an LPM (probably alot of people) I would love to get it tested, and I did take a video, I just don't know the best way of showing it (youtube or attachment, and if attachment, what file format?) I guess I can do both... Alright, I can update it, lets go for a youtube view...

If you shine the beam into the camera it might come out our end, then I can put my LPM in front of the screen and hopefully get a reading

:D :D :D

Find a forum member near you with an LPM and I pretty much guarantee that after a quick 5 minute test you'll change your 9/10 rating and be asking for an RMA or refund. :crackup:

LaZeRz

Check out the member map. There are quite a few Canadian members here.

nevumx

WL already has a terrible name with LPF... another bad review +/- won't make any difference.

There are two reviews of cherry picked (or at least probably cherry picked) units that were LPMed by LPF members already... and even with those neither got 1W of power. (Except Peak, but IMO that doesn't count.)

Yeah I wouldn't mind a lower than 1W rating for a green laser (as long as it's not less than 850mW) but for a blue or red it's unacceptable. It should definitely be overspec, which is why I'm considering buying a >1W 445nm from lazerer for my next purchase. (I saw an Arctic get LPM'ed and I almost cried...)

Last edited:
What are you going to do if you find out it only has a 500mW average?

According to the fine print on WL's tech specs page, that is still considered within spec.

Good review, but review without LPM results isn't complete Review.

plexus

I am in Toronto and have an Ophir based Kenometer Pro and can do some nice power plots for you. Also, I have expensive IR filters and can measure with/without IR at various brick-wall wavelengths. But you'd have to get the laser to me in Toronto and of course I'd ship it back to you. Might not be worth the $'s to you though. Up to you.

I'd love to see some serious power output measurements with/wo IR as well from this laser.

Here is an example of one of my reviews for your consideration: O-like OLNG350 Review

Last edited:

Trevor

I am in Toronto and have an Ophir based Kenometer Pro and can do some nice power plots for you. Also, I have expensive IR filters and can measure with/without IR at various brick-wall wavelengths. But you'd have to get the laser to me in Toronto and of course I'd ship it back to you. Might not be worth the $'s to you though. Up to you.

I'd love to see some serious power output measurements with/wo IR as well from this laser.

Here is an example of one of my reviews for your consideration: O-like OLNG350 Review

This. LaserBees are great, but don't respond quick enough to show the wild power fluctuations that are going to be present in this laser.

Mode hopping for everyone!

Trevor

This. LaserBees are great, but don't respond quick enough to show the wild power fluctuations that are going to be present in this laser.

Mode hopping for everyone!

Trevor

Not all LaserBees are from the same mold. And our Limited Edition
5W LaserBee also uses the quick response OPHIR head with our
EagleEye data logging software.

The higher end LaserBee IX and LaserBee II can easily detect
the power fluctuations and without all the added electrical noise
in the Graphs that Plexus linked to..

Of course I agree with your statement if you are referring to
the budget LaserBee 2.5W USB or the LaserBee A which have
a much slower response time.

Jerry

Last edited:

Trevor

Not all LaserBees are from the same mold. And our Limited Edition
5W LaserBee also uses the quick response OPHIR head with our
EagleEye data logging software.

The higher end LaserBee IX and LaserBee II can easily detect
the power fluctuations and without all the added electrical noise
in the Graphs that Plexus linked to..

Of course I agree with your statement if you are referring to
the budget LaserBee 2.5W USB or the LaserBee A which have
a much slower response time.

Jerry

Yeah, I was referring to the 2.5W's that have become quite ubiquitous.

I'll be hooking plexus up with a firmware update, so the noise won't be an issue. :)

Trevor

nevumx

What are you going to do if you find out it only has a 500mW average?

According to the fine print on WL's tech specs page, that is still considered within spec.

Well then I will be very angry and start to bash WL as much as everyone else here, but I still cant find a GREEN 532nm above 300mW so it will still be impressive to me.

And BTW it's not in fine print, it's just not clearly advertised in bold red font like it is on Lazerer.

Last edited:

plexus

Well then I will be very angry and start to bash WL as much as everyone else here, but I still cant find a GREEN 532nm above 300mW so it will still be impressive to me.

And BTW it's not in fine print, it's just not clearly advertised in bold red font like it is on Lazerer.

Well dont fret. if the laser works and its a cool fun thing for you thats a big part of it. if its not 1W oh well. if it is, great. there is a lot to learn in this hobby. like i said if you want me to measure it, no problem.

LaZeRz

The firedragon that rhd held 2 group buys on is a 300mW laser and all the models people received outputted around 400-500mWs, they costed $150. The most recent GB included a 500mW model which will probably output around 600-700mWs. They costed a bit over 300 dollars.

Olike also sells 400mW and 500mW greens that have reached up to 700 mWs.