Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Question?

Cojiro

Ok so here's the deal,
i need to purchase a new pointer.
it needs to be able to:
~Have a visible beam during the day
~Burn matches, balloons etc.
~Cost under $100
~Be sturdy and not break easily

So far my favorites are:
~Wicked Lasers E3 Series Lunar Purple 405nm (200mw) $79.95
~Wicked Lasers E3 Series Fusion Green 532nm (200mw) $79.95
~Wicked Lasers S1 Sonar Lunar (Sonar Extreme) 405nm (200mw) $89.00

Any and all responses would be greatly appreciated, Also does anyone recommend getting Laser Shades? or should you only get them if you lend it to someone with an IQ of 4?

ped

Yes, bravo on your enthusiasm , but as others have said, before you go throwing your money (and your eyesight) away, do some research, you'll be glad you did.

Quit hating on WL yes they have terrible customers service and the lasers are taking along time to get out to the customers but they're are starting to pick it up as of late. Not everyone has 300$ to buy a quality 200mw laser. I think you guys have been giving them less credit quality wise than they deserve for the money.

^^^ Everyone is entitled to their opinion and besides this was all posted 3 months ago.
I will never do business with WL again!

Well, being somewhat of a gambling man, I rolled the dice yesterday on an S III Arctic 1W. Actually I think it's a safe bet. Almost everything I've read in terms of complaints about Wicked has to do with people being impatient about the shipping taking so long and lack of responsiveness to emails about why it's taking so long. As far as I can tell the lasers always eventually arrive (my order says 2-4 weeks) and the quality is good. Reputable sites have reviewed the laser and it looks pretty damned cool to me. Hope I'm not wrong..

Well, being somewhat of a gambling man, I rolled the dice yesterday on an S III Arctic 1W. Actually I think it's a safe bet. Almost everything I've read in terms of complaints about Wicked has to do with people being impatient about the shipping taking so long and lack of responsiveness to emails about why it's taking so long. As far as I can tell the lasers always eventually arrive (my order says 2-4 weeks) and the quality is good. Reputable sites have reviewed the laser and it looks pretty damned cool to me. Hope I'm not wrong..

I would say those arctics are very good lasers all Ive heard are great reviews and i'm sure you'll get it fast since WL just received a huge shipment last Friday, they're definitely worth the money and time. Good Luck.

I would say those arctics are very good lasers all Ive heard are great reviews and i'm sure you'll get it fast since WL just received a huge shipment last Friday, they're definitely worth the money and time. Good Luck.

Thanks. How do you know they just received a shipment?

Thanks. How do you know they just received a shipment?

A very trust worthy person told me who's an admin on the WL forums. Also, I made a support ticket asking if this was true and the person said yes.

Last edited:
Photon if You are on the west coast your laser has a high probability of being seized by customs. Good Luck.

My Diode died after a month! At some point I plan to gut it and build a better laser in the host. Tech Junkie has already done that with His Arctic. Customs has flagged Wicked Lasers and is intercepting a % of Them, and most of the seizures are on the west coast. WL is probably trying different shipping methods to sneak in, so that you may get yours when it finally ships.