Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked lasers price increase? AGAIN!?

Haha it just pales in comparison to a company like LaserGlow, for example. If you got a laser that outputted 60% of its advertised power, and has two sides to customer service and quality control, would you call them a high quality company?

I have no personal experience with the Nano, but given the past couple years I still wouldn't spend my money on one. Do post a review though :beer: I may stand corrected. There haven't been very many WL reviews recently, so it's hard to judge

I wouldn't say to avoid them like the plague, either. They're just a decent (albeit possibly overpriced) laser manufacturer that has periodic fluctuations, once briefly in 2008, again in 2010-2012. Other than that, they are a pretty good company. But they wouldn't make it to my list of the best companies unless they show themselves how they were in 2007 and 2009, but hold it there

Btw... did anyone notice that WL's Beam Expanders are now out of stock?

Last edited:
All I know is that with my past experiences, i've decided not to buy from them again until they have great reviews across the board for a decent amount of time.

I'll buy from them if they have a rather drastically lower price :p but I have to say, the hosts are cool

I'll buy from them if they have a rather drastically lower price :p but I have to say, the hosts are cool

I think the hosts are the only reason that most people buy from them. I really like the fact that the Spyder 3 series has those lens caps to protect the lens from the elements while in use. I wonder how many customs are made with that?

Ugh, looking at WL comments is worse than YouTube comments. Someone asked if they could make weapon sights, and WL (thankfully) said "We do not make or recommend our lasers for use on firearms"
5 comments later, people are fighting over whether high-power laser sights are legal or not...

That's good to hear daniel...hopefully you didn't get the lucky draw, and WL is actually advertising accurately.

Most LaserGlow lasers are way over their advertised spec, sometimes even double the advertised output power

Last edited:

csshih

Seriously speaking, though, their QC is up to par nowadays with accurate ratings to match.

How do you know? Do you have solid proof? Not to be accusing but this information is much needed, especially given the past experiences of WL on LPF

Making a 100mW red laser really should not present any challenge. The Nano is pretty nice... but not worth $100 imho.

Oh yeah the Core is pretty solid... but it's $50... not worth it when the Anser is only $40 from LG

Oh yeah the Core is pretty solid... but it's $50... not worth it when the Anser is only $40 from LG

Yeah but LG shipping is expensive, Plus you might have to pay import!
Unless your in the us or canada ^^

Last edited: