Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Krypton 750mW+

I haven't seen any reviews done yet since Wicked Lasers announced they were providing power graphs for their Lasers now.

So since I usually buy more than one of something I like, I wanted to go ahead and buy another and see how my Meter tests compared with theirs.

Since I already had previously done a review on the "1W" model Krypton, I was concerned my order might get cherry picked. I'm not really sure that would have happened, because I don't use the same email address on the forum as I do for web orders, but my name would be the same, although I'm not sure if WL knows me anyhow.

So to be sure the Krypton wasn't cherry picked for me, I had my step-brother place the order for me. He does not live in the same State that I live in, and the last name is different, so no worries about cherry picking. When the Krypton arrived at his residence he took the whole package unopened and placed that into a USPS flat rate priority mail box supplied at the post office and sent it off to me; it arrived on Saturday.

The price paid for this with shipping was $1039.95 + $11.35 for my step-brother to re-ship to me.

I only ordered the Krypton Laser itself, because I have several lens sets already from my other Krypton and Arctics.

I'm making this review mostly a picture review of the power measurements.

Since most of us on here, already know about the Krypton, let's jump right to the measurements.

Here is the Tuning Meter:
Krypton423a.jpg
Krypton423a.jpg

In this screen I have the autoscaling turned off, which gives a smother line
Krypton423b.jpg

In this screen I have autoscaling turned on and smoothing off. It should be noted I am sampling at a rate of 10 Samples per Second for a little over 3 minutes
Krypton423c.jpg

Krypton423d.jpg

Autoscaling & smoothing turned off, 10 Samples per Second
Krypton423e.jpg

If you look at the graph another member posted on his Krypton, you see what appears to be the Krypton not varying as much, when in reality it's a slow response hobby meter; so it will make the graph look smoother across it measurements.

The LabMax-TOP is streaming at 10 samples per second, so you will see every mW fluctuation there is. This Krypton actually metered out very well comparing it's variations to other brand named of Lasers I own, and I am extremely pleased with it's performance.

As you can see the Krypton's Average is 839mW and it Peaked @ 930mW, it's advertised as a 750mW+ and it certainly is :beer:

It was 77 degree's F when I performed the test, I'd love to be able to measure this in a colder environment; it would be nice to take this back up north with me to my step-bothers place and see how it performs. Of course now he wants to know all about it, since he didn't understand what all the fuss was about, as he put it. :yh:

The weather here is certainly much hotter than it is in China, you can see the results that WL has published for this Krypton is different than my tests. I'm posting their test results that I was supplied with.

WLgraph.jpg

So you can see they got an average of 87mW higher than I did, not bad at all.

DJNY

Good that they put away their stupid 1W power.

How is the divergence/beam diamter compared to your RPLs? It´s night and day right.

Very nice output! Thanks for the nice measurements and congrats on acquiring such a high powered 532nm laser.

daguin

Trying to decipher the graphs . . . .

Yours was for three minutes, and output starting dropping effectively at two minutes?

The WL graph is for only 30 seconds and output started dropping at ~12 seconds?

Peace,
dave

You are looking at a 30mW drop within 30 seconds VS a near 300mW drop within a 3 minute test. The small drop is more like a small fluctuation while the crystals are warming up. The other is a notable drop in power. If performed 5 times in a row I am guessing within a 30 second test you will see 30mW rises and drops without any repeating pattern. As for the 3 minute test you will probably see that 300mW drop reappear time and again as this seems to be the point in which the laser begins to overheat. Of course many variables will come into play here such as battery voltage, ambient temperature, etc.

Gentleman,

I believe what we are seeing is the effect of the TeslaCool Thermostatic Regulation. The internal thermopile detector when it detects excess heat, the microprocessor gradually lowers operating current to ensure temperature stabilization.
FkDAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
FkDAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Trying to decipher the graphs . . . .

Yours was for three minutes, and output starting dropping effectively at two minutes?

The WL graph is for only 30 seconds and output started dropping at ~12 seconds?

Peace,
dave

Yeah... I see the same thing...

Gentleman,

I believe what we are seeing is the effect of the TeslaCool Thermostatic Regulation. The internal thermopile detector when it detects excess heat, the microprocessor gradually lowers operating current to ensure temperature stabilization.
FkDAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
FkDAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Care to explain that Thermopile Detector... I'm at a loss why they
would use a thermopile as a detector...:undecided:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
Yeah... I see the same thing...

Care to explain that Thermopile Detector... I'm at a loss why they
would use a thermopile as a detector...:undecided:

Jerry

I wonder why you didn't ask the same question in this JetLasers thread that I just quoted below :undecided:

JETLASERS Gray replied the next day(13 hrs diff) and he will do whats needed to make all happy.

Coming soon!!
Pl-C and D 'Pro' with active cooling and three min. on 30 sec. off cycling or better.
And no difficult code to enter. Key in middle/ push on /off on tailcap. All can be focused(unlike old Pl-D). AFAIK these can be ordered modified to be able to remove the key in both on or off. I hope they toned down the blue LED 'on' light- too bright IMO. I carry mine with led pointing down.
afaik

Prices and review ASAP.
hak

Hang on the your Ti-Bs- eventually a rarity.

EDIT UPDATE**************

Jet Lasers Photonics Devices Co., Ltd

FROM JETL Site:

PL-D pro is the upgraded version of the PL-D portable laser model and PL-D Pro continues with Superwitch of activation codes but succeeds in making the code much easier to use. A long hold can get the laser beam turned on instantly. No brainer. No worries any more.

The internal thermopile detector equipped inside brings about the thermoelectric cooling that enables the PL-D Pro to operates at a 100% duty cycle on batteries. When excess heat is detected, It will autolowers the operating current to ensure temperature stabilization and avoid burning out the diode.

Like other Jetlasers portable series, PL-D Pro lasers at 532nm and 473nm are also IR filtered for the sake of both safety and genuine output power.
pretty cool(pun intended) too bad i dont see one there for 473nm(sorry aryntha)
or yellow either..

Looks like they copied WL's host, SmartSwitch and thermostatic circuit; geezz can't these companies come up with anything original of there own?? I guess if you can't beat 'em you just join 'em :rolleyes:

Is this a Wicked Laser or a JetLaser product that you
are reviewing....:undecided:
Are they both designed and assembled by the same
manufacturer with the identical driver electronics...:thinking:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
AFAIK WL is not the 'inventor' of TeslaCool.. its from a third party and JL purchased the rights to use it in their Pl-D series. But not from WL- and.. no JL products are made by WL nor the other way around. WL Steve DID ask JL to help with the making of the Artics/Spyders when they first hit the market but JL declined to be involved with WL.. IIRC.

The new Pro PL-E has active cooling and no rest cycle neded. I will have one in hand to test later this week.
hak

Are you asking the OP or everyone who's posted in this thread, it's a bit ambiguous since you started out with "Hey guys"
If you were intending to ask everyone as a collective then that will not work since we all hold different opinions. We are not the Borg.

Last edited:
I laughed from that ^
But since I am commenting I don't have an opinion of the krypton as I do not own one nor do I have the $1000 to buy one, nor the need to buy one. I'm all about exotic colors.

Well I would have liked to get different people's opinion on krypton just to here them out. I know theirs some very knowledgeable people here. But since I know Electron has one for sure n i dont want to confuse anyone I'll ask him. Electron what do u think is the krypton worth getting in your opinion?