Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers Blank Hosts GB - CLOSED

Ok guys, I've talked with Steve regarding getting empty hosts for your DIY builds.

Would you be interested in getting Spyder III hosts?
They'd be in the $60-$90 price range and we need 50 orders minimum.

If there's more interest in other hosts such as the Evo Pro pens, they'll also require 50 orders minimum.

This is a feeler, let's see how many of you are interested!

Interested members:

1. bryce007
  2. lasersbee
  3. RA_Pierce
  4. Rob
  5. blu-ray laser
  6. Byrnz93

SORRY GUYS, AT THIS RATE WE WON'T GET TO 50 PEOPLE. WL HAS ASKED ME TO CLOSE THIS GB.

Last edited:

Re: Wicked Lasers Blank Hosts GB - FEELER

I'd be interested in a Spyder III. Just curious, would these come with all the internals, but just no laser module?

Last edited:

I'd be more interested in the Spyder II but I'll just wait to see where this goes first.
50pcs of anything might be hard to get.

I might be interested as well... but closer to $60.00 than $90.00...:cool:

Jerry

Rob

I'm definitely interested in one these, but like Jerry said, if it's closer to $60...

same here, but I would need to see where this goes.......

I might be interested as well, just as long as it's close to $60...anything more and I can't really afford it at the moment. Also, would these be able to fit a 12mm green module?

If we can get to 50 I'll try to negotiate the price to keep it as low as $60.00, but I can't guarantee anything.

it would be nice if we could get the led setup that shows the charge of the battery.. if that were possible id be interested.

it would be nice if we could get the led setup that shows the charge of the battery.. if that were possible id be interested.

Yea me too. I'm really only interested if it has all the internals in it minus a pump diode and crystal. If the host is totally empty, then we'd still need to get custom mounts machined if we want to do DIY DPSS, or custom heatsinks for 12mm modules. Either way, it will significantly add to the cost of completing this laser.

vk2fro

I wonder if one of the o-lite modules will fit into one of the spyder hosts. The o-lite modules are max 32mm dia and this is 35.4. Could be a good fit, and there are some pretty powerful o-lite modules. I'd be interested...

Rob

GB Closed :(

NOOOOOO! I was really looking forward to doing my own build in one of these. :(

Oh well I kind of had a feeling that this wouldn't reach 50....

Although 4 days to generate 50 people's interest isn't really all that much time.....

NOOOOOO! I was really looking forward to doing my own build in one of these. :(

Oh well I kind of had a feeling that this wouldn't reach 50....

Although 4 days to generate 50 people's interest isn't really all that much time.....

I know. If it were for me I wouldn't have closed it. WL's CEO asked me to close it because they realized it wouldn't be very viable for them. I didn't get any more details than that.

But he has offered 589nm handhelds in Spyder III hosts, check the CNI 589nm handheld thread.