Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked lasers Advertisement?

I thought that Everyone on here hated Wicked Lasers?

untitled-2.jpg

styropyro said:
Most people still do... ;D They [highlight]pay for ad space though[/highlight].
I guess for the good of LPF, I can put up with it. :)

I can't believe it.
After LPF is sued or threatened with a lawsuit from WL, they turn around and feed the mouth that bites them.
I would be more than willing to buy that same ad space if WL ads are banned here just as mention of the LPF forum in the WL forums gets their members banned.

What gives?
Jack

This is NOT how the forum should be.

How can we convince new members that Wicked Lasers are dishonest if there's a banner age for them on the freakin' front page?!

-Mark

rocketparrotlet said:
This is NOT how the forum should be.

How can we convince new members that Wicked Lasers are dishonest if there's a banner age for them on the freakin' front page?!

-Mark
You have a good point. When I was new to lasers and first found this page, I was highly influenced by the banners/adds on here.

iskor12 said:
[quote author=rocketparrotlet link=1240919541/0#4 date=1240927448]This is NOT how the forum should be.

-Mark
You have a good point.  When I was new to lasers and first found this page, I was highly influenced by the banners/adds on here.[/quote]

And me as well.

Even when I had a couple hundred posts already, I thought that Laser-Wave and CNI were c0ldshadow's suggestions of where I should buy my lasers. I also used to think that Wicked Lasers was the best, before I joined LPF. This combination is a deadly one.

-Mark

rocketparrotlet said:
[quote author=iskor12 link=1240919541/0#5 date=1240927586][quote author=rocketparrotlet link=1240919541/0#4 date=1240927448]This is NOT how the forum should be.

-Mark
You have a good point.  When I was new to lasers and first found this page, I was highly influenced by the banners/adds on here.[/quote]

And me as well.  

Even when I had a couple hundred posts already, I thought that Laser-Wave and CNI were c0ldshadow's suggestions of where I should buy my lasers.  I also used to think that Wicked Lasers was the best, before I joined LPF.  This combination is a deadly one.

-Mark[/quote]
It's not good, but for just the simple fact that it takes money to keep this site running, I am willing to live with it.

iskor12 said:
[quote author=rocketparrotlet link=1240919541/0#6 date=1240928197][quote author=iskor12 link=1240919541/0#5 date=1240927586][quote author=rocketparrotlet link=1240919541/0#4 date=1240927448]This is NOT how the forum should be.

-Mark

And me as well.  

Even when I had a couple hundred posts already, I thought that Laser-Wave and CNI were c0ldshadow's suggestions of where I should buy my lasers.  I also used to think that Wicked Lasers was the best, before I joined LPF.  This combination is a deadly one.

-Mark[/quote]
It's not good, but for just the simple fact that it takes money to keep this site running, I am willing to live with it.[/quote]

True, I understand. However, this is not the way to go about it...I will try to gauge interest in who would be willing to pay for advertising on this site. I will also talk to major laser companies about this matter. This SEVERELY pisses me off, because it's going against everything I was taught on this forum.

-Mark

I'm sure not too many would come here thinking "Now I hear these forums are good for lasers..." only to scroll down to the ad and stop and go straight and purchase.

If you're here it means you're willing to ask questions and research what is the best. They'll see the ad, make a thread about it and we'll let them know what's up. No harm done.

bootleg2go said:
I can't believe it.
After LPF is sued or threatened with a lawsuit from WL, they turn around and feed the mouth that bites them.

I said basically the same thing in the forum announcements section. Not really sure what to think about it at this point. :-/

All I know is they had the audacity to soil the (IMHO hilarious) "Sharks with freakin Laser Beams" thing...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

diachi

I would rather see Jack getting the business from that advertising space than WL getting the business, Jack sells a good product, that actually does what it says it should AND it doesn't break after two weeks.

bootleg2go said:
I can't believe it.
I would be more than willing to buy that same ad space if WL ads are banned here just as mention of the LPF forum in the WL forums gets their members banned.

What gives?
Jack
ooops didn't know of this my wicked remark removed :-X :-X :-X

bootleg2go said:
I can't believe it.

What gives?
Jack

I agree. Ill even throw in a few dollars to have the wickedlasers ad remove. I didn't think we would ever stoop this low...

The creditability of the forum is passed along to what ads are displayed. Displaying a wickedlasers ad does pass and create creditability to wickedlasers from our forum.

iskor12 said:
[quote author=rocketparrotlet link=1240919541/0#4 date=1240927448]This is NOT how the forum should be.

-Mark

I am new here and I *AM* highly influenced by the ads/banners here. I nearly bought a kit from CNI just yesterday when I posted about the free IR lasers and mirrors/optics I was giving away (but that is in another thread labeled under Canon Lasers, so let's not derail this thread if you have questions...use that one :) ). The good thing is I do a LOT of research before I start a new hobby and I read how terrible WL is as a company so I too was very surprised that with all the bad karma they have accumulated that LPF would let them post an ad here...even if they are helping to pay for the forum.

Well, that's none of my concern. I'm just a newbie and am happy just to be able to learn via the posts made here. As long as LPF do not use Pop-Ups or Pop-Unders, I'll keep using the forum to learn from those who traveled the path before me.