Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wicked laser taking unjust criticism

i bought a dragon 125 rather than a wicked fusion 125 because of price. the market made my choice . however, dl buys from wl's old source; cni. i am not defending wl's prices but if they are indeed making their own lasers, it is highly probable that their costs are greater. the owners of wicked have taken a huge gamble by raising their overhead in order to manufacture. i am not suggesting that you buy from wl to help defer their costs, just keep in mind that in the long run the product they will produce should be better. i absolutely have no idea as to the margins any purveyer of lasers uses but i do know that price, quality, and service will win in the end. we as consumers ultimately will make or break the players in this market, dl and wl must know this.

T

timelord

WL use to sell CNI 125mw lasers for $499 dollars so the price is still the same even though they make their own.. they just charge to much and the market as you pointed out is determined by us the consumer......

P

Proctor

I think everybody should just buy from LucentOptics.

No Duty Cycle
TESTED VERIFIED OUTPUT BEFORE IT LEAVES TO BE SHIPPED (FOR AT LEAST 10 MINUTES STRAIGHT)
Safety Features
Same Divergence as the CNI pointers, if not better from what I see.
6 Month Warranty

Oh...And I've come to a conclusion that WL makes 1300% profit on each Spyder II they produce, and A LOT more on the Spyder Rx's

1300% woul indicate that the actual cost of a spyder is $150. do you really believe there is that much profit?

P

Proctor

Timelord said:
The Lucent 100mw is gonna be my next laser ;)

Good stuff.

The red is at least 1300% profit, the Greens and blues may be around 900%

i own a lucent and am extremely pleased with it. furthermore i suspect that both dragon and wicked sometimes overstate performance because the lucent is just as powerfull as the 125's

P

Proctor

randall158 said:
i own a lucent and  am extremely pleased with it. furthermore i suspect that both dragon and wicked sometimes overstate performance because the lucent is just as powerfull as the 125's

Yes, they take the highest of the bunch even if they aren't 125mW's and send them off. I don't think CNI actually makes 125mW pointers. That is why it was recommended that you buy the 95mW Nexus over the 125mW Fusion because the Fusions rarely did 125mW. They must have just been pot modded.

Proctor said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1169842617/0#4 date=1169844627]The Lucent 100mw is gonna be my next laser ;)

Good stuff.

The red is at least 1300% profit, the Greens and blues may be around 900%
[/quote]

What!?

1300% profit! Where did you get these numbers?

S

SenKat

Well - I didn't come up with those numbers, but I can tell you that the more you buy, the cheaper it is - and if I buy one 1 Watt 808nm diode, I can spend $100.00 on it. BUT if I buy 100, it'll cost $80.00 each, and 1000, $40.00 each....maybe not those exact numbers, but if they are truly making them, and not just slapping their name on someone else's stuff, then they are buying in bulk, and laughing their asses off all the way to the bank. The ONLY way I would pay 2k for a laser is if the friggin thing made coffee, too - AND SERVED IT ! LOL ! ;D Anyways, that is probably how he came up with the numbers - buy in bulk, save a ton !

SenKat said:
Well - I didn't come up with those numbers, but I can tell you that the more you buy, the cheaper it is - and if I buy one 1 Watt 808nm diode, I can spend $100.00 on it. BUT if I buy 100, it'll cost $80.00 each, and 1000, $40.00 each....maybe not those exact numbers, but if they are truly making them, and not just slapping their name on someone else's stuff, then they are buying in bulk, and laughing their asses off all the way to the bank. The ONLY way I would pay 2k for a laser is if the friggin thing made coffee, too - AND SERVED IT ! LOL ! ;D Anyways, that is probably how he came up with the numbers - buy in bulk, save a ton !

Ahhh, that makes sense. I do wood turning a lot in my free time, and buying pen kits in bulk is the same way. :)

P

Proctor

The Spyder Green and Spyder Red are only 200mW. They're rated for 200-300mW...but they're really 200mW. It's a marketing scheme. The Green costs a little more than the Reds. The Reds cost no more than $100 to make, the Greens cost no more than $400 to make. The Blue is where they get the least amount of profit. Blue's cost a lot of money, even at 20mW.

Proctor said:
The Spyder Green and Spyder Red are only 200mW. They're rated for 200-300mW...but they're really 200mW. It's a marketing scheme. The Green costs a little more than the Reds. The Reds cost no more than $100 to make, the Greens cost no more than $400 to make. The Blue is where they get the least amount of profit. Blue's cost a lot of money, even at 20mW.

What a scam...