Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Clearance TITAN

So this is the second time I have written this review. After the first time I hit preview post and then was redirected to "BRB ASAP updating something" God that is frustrating. Anyhow on with the review....again. By the way this is not my laser. It is on loan for a review and then it is going back to its home.

Wavelength: 532nm
Average output power: 385mW
Peak output power: 412mW
Mode: Open to interpretation, mine being TEM02
Beam diameter at exit: 1.7mm
Divergence: 3mRad
Safety features: 2 second delay, 2 kill switches, Key operation, led indicator light, aperture cover, auto overheat shut off
Power supply: 3 "D" batteries or plug in the wall with the power adaptor
Dimensions: 366 x 54
Operating type: CW
Duty Cycle: None
Cooling: Fan cooled Head
Price paid: $450
Overall: Good laser for the price.
Biggest weakness: Poor beam specs undoubtably due to the mode causing large divergence and poor spot shape.
Pictures and videos (link at bottom of page): The photo with the oval spot on the fence is a Wickedlasers Spyder III with Tem00 and .8mRad divergence for comparison.

Match Light:
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6315/img0532.mp4

Pilgor

good review, it is good to know that my Titan is not the only one with horrible divergence .

D

Deleted member 8382

and if you hit the back button you don't get your text back? Get a new web browser man xD

So basically, these are the manufactured equivalent of the Hercules? In the same sense as RPLs being Viasho's, Nova's being CNI's etc. ?

If it is what it looks like it is, then the price is damn good, however the divergence/stability really does leave a lot to be desired...

I haven't seen these on WL's site, are they from their other site ?Techlasers? or something like that?

Pilgor: You mentioned your also has bad divergence, what TEM mode does it operate in?

Best Regards,
brtaman

roosl

Nice review, good pics! I had been curious about the touted "Titan". Disappointing beam problems, no doubt. I wouldn't buy one.
:thanks:

Yeah, the vB message during a post is frustrating. If I'm posting more than a short response, I open notepad and paste it there before I hit preview or submit, just in case. It's kept me from losing my thoughts several times!

Pilgor

I'm pretty sure it remains in tem00, but I haven't had a good "shooting range" to see if it changes states, I only have about a 30' range right now.

Last time I checked the WL site, it said that the TITANS were sold out, IDK------rob
@ LUKE, NICE REVIEW buddy. You covered all the important things !!!!!!

Thanks, It will be going back to it's rightful owner now. This laser really is an attention grabber. My dad is convinced it would be a good nightstick though I continue to tell him it would break after you smacked the first guy in the head with it.

and if you hit the back button you don't get your text back? Get a new web browser man xD

I had to write this review at my folks place and all they have is crappy IE. I tried clicking back but it reloaded the previously visited page rather than going back to where I left it. Oh well. From now on I wil be copying my large posts before sending them off.

Thanks, It will be going back to it's rightful owner now. This laser really is an attention grabber. My dad is convinced it would be a good nightstick though I continue to tell him it would break after you smacked the first guy in the head with it.

Well at least the guy would go down...:crackup: It could be useful, if you were outside using the laser and someone tried to mug you, looks like its got some weight to it, just like the D-cell maglites.

Kenom

This is exactly what my beam looks like at the same distance. Huge double dot. I will eventually bust mine open and see if i can tweak the OC (output coupler) to see if I can get better beam specs like I did on my Aries. Not to mention I'll be changing the focus on the laser so that it doesn't get so big so quickly.

Just as a curiosity question, how far out from the laser did you measure that?

Yeah, the vB message during a post is frustrating. If I'm posting more than a short response, I open notepad and paste it there before I hit preview or submit, just in case. It's kept me from losing my thoughts several times!

If you're using Firefox you can download an addon called 'Lazarus: Form Recovery' and this automatically saves everything you ever type in any form. If you lose your post you can just open up a new post screen, right click and you'll have the option to recover it. Just now I can see the last 20 posts I made on these forums :)

D

Deleted member 8382

or you can use Opera which already saves everything for you ;)

Pilgor

I will take proper measurements after college tomorrow, but from what I've seen so far, it only has one dot (Tem00 I think?)

This is exactly what my beam looks like at the same distance. Huge double dot. I will eventually bust mine open and see if i can tweak the OC (output coupler) to see if I can get better beam specs like I did on my Aries. Not to mention I'll be changing the focus on the laser so that it doesn't get so big so quickly.

Just as a curiosity question, how far out from the laser did you measure that?

96ft.