Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

why you guys want to buy laser pointer?

Not all things must have a use to be interesting or amusing or educational.....

also.....they make me look cool.:whistle:
Read on and you may grow to like it. Welcome to the forums.

EDIT>>>>>

ODD...I didn't start this thread....I guess the new member that did is now gone, guess there is still a reason

PS....because coherent light is just cool!!

Last edited:

Ok,i know.Thanks for your reply.
Maybe it is just for fun.
Is the green laser the lightest?

If you're talking about as in visibility, Yes.

On topic..what isn't cool about sending a beam of coloured light up into the sky :na:

So it's beam shots for me :D As well as maybe to exercise the dogs and cats every now and then...

Black lasers are technicaly impossible as of yet. The only way to make black "light" would be a black hole generator since black is the absence of light. Or possibly somthing in the UV spectrum so not black but the beam wouldnt even be seen.

Let your cat or dog chase the dot. I use mine to play with my dog every day.

Morgan

You can amuse your dog another way with a laser commonly bought from cheap Chinese suppliers. Once you've seen the green get dimmer and dimmer and finally fade to dim red you can see how far you can throw it and have your dog run after it and bring it back...

You can also amuse your cat with the same pointer by having it watch your stupid dog run about after it's pricey metal stick!

Really, these questions can be researched by yourself. They are also banal and vague. If you don't get, "the fun", then buy one and find out or just understand, it's not something you understand and leave those that do to get on with it.

It is not feeding time!

M
:)

but you know i am surprised there is not a category that is called fun with lasers
it could show each member and different things they do for fun! Of course a lot of people shooting in the sky that's aww inspiring enough but also different optics they point in and combos effects, and the stuff they build for different optical effects then show off effects, bouncing off mirrors, etc.. oh ya and of course burning sh*t...or how bout that vid of that guy burning his hand with one..not recommended oww. but maybe an admin or whomever should think about it that as category after the welcome one, to inspire people and spark some interest...draw them in more.

Morgan

but you know i am surprised there is not a category that is called fun with lasers
it could show each member and different things they do for fun! Of course a lot of people shooting in the sky that's aww inspiring enough but also different optics they point in and combos effects, and the stuff they build for different optical effects then show off effects, bouncing off mirrors, etc.. oh ya and of course burning sh*t...or how bout that vid of that guy burning his hand with one..not recommended oww. but maybe an admin or whomever should think about it that as category after the welcome one, to inspire people and spark some interest...draw them in more.

I see your point but there are all sorts of videos, posts, threads with this kind of thing. You just have to look for it. There really is no need to, "draw people in". There are plenty of people finding this site without that. If you just want to watch lasers doing stuff then go to youtube. I'm not trying to be clever but this is not the, "Laser Channel".

M

Red works best, make sure it's a low powered one tho, <5mW or you might, i mean will damage your animals eyes !!!!!!!

I see your point but there are all sorts of videos, posts, threads with this kind of thing. You just have to look for it. There really is no need to, "draw people in". There are plenty of people finding this site without that. If you just want to watch lasers doing stuff then go to youtube. I'm not trying to be clever but this is not the, "Laser Channel".

M

ok, but you know how people will ask before they take the time to research is common and typically faster and less effort. It would be nice to put all in one place. less time to look and get a broad view without exactly knowing what you are looking for. Huh laser channel hmmm a discovery channel latest spin off

Yeah I just noticed that...

Either introduce yourself as a company with only ONE (1) account or you'll get the ban hammer.

So don't spam!

For the mods/admin the following users have a link to pickegg on their profile.

cs84880702

Lasercrz

laserbutterfly ( Link in sig )

Last edited:

Morgan

Actually Lazy Laser, you have a link to a laser supplier in your sig too. Do you represent them? If not then you should really remove it for the same reasons.

I understand the want to promote a company you may have had good service from but they are the only ones allowed to advertise in their sigs.

Thought I should point it out.

Thanks,

M