Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

why optotronics don't sell average powered laser ?

i see on the net... older models called PPL......at about 80 until 125.. or more. i think that pen sized laser pen are not so good....... and RPL are too much expensive for a medium user. optotronics actually do't have a laser between the 65 mw and 165mw. but THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT range of buyers....!
they are losing many buyers that go to dragon...nova... for a 80/150mw laser.......

daguin

Re: why optotronics don't sell average powered las

realista said:
i see on the net... older models called PPL......at about 80 until 125.. or more. i think that pen sized laser pen are not so good....... and RPL are too much expensive for a medium user. optotronics actually do't have a laser between the 65 mw and 165mw. but THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT range of buyers....!
they are losing many buyers that go to dragon...nova... for a 80/150mw laser.......

I feel that this range of green laser is about the most useless range. They are too bright to use indoors or in a group (<50mW) and too weak to use for burning or light shows (>200mW).

Peace,
dave

you could get the adjustable 225 it has a 1-9 setting and is adjustable usually
like my rpl 375 15 in about 400 mw #1 is about 175 mw

What's wrong with nova?

Maybe the middle mW ranged would be more tempting if they had a buy one get one free.

or

If they said if you where to buy a 50mW you could upgrade the 2nd at no charge

That way you could pony up 1/2 price to a 125mW then you have somthing to
work with.

just a thought though ;)
Of topic
member John lawson has a good deal running at the present for some solid built 405nm at I think $40.00 US.........