Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Why is the price of DX200 pen always changing ?

Re: Why is the price of DX200 pen always changing

I swear that's always been $120, it's the 150mW version that is $114 or something.

Murudai said:
I swear that's always been $120, it's the 150mW version that is $114 or something.
No i am sure it was 114 for 2 days, i always check it.

Maybe it's tied to the price of oil ::)

Switch

beachbumbora said:
[quote author=Murudai link=1210770684/0#1 date=1210771274]I swear that's always been $120, it's the 150mW version that is $114 or something.
No i am sure it was 114 for 2 days, i always check it.[/quote]
Yea, I remeber it was 114 too.I remember seeing 114 and thought that it was cheaper than before. :-/

Ace82

Because Chuck Norris said.

Seriously though it's probably the weak currency rate for the dollar.

Benm

Hmm.. both DX and KD seem to randomize prices on some items.. no idea what exactly is behind that, or behind their really odd prices (like 117.43, not 117.99 or 117). Perhaps its just lucky number chinese marketing ;)

IgorT

I would be more worried about the quality of the DX200 constantly changing.

I've tested four so far, and EACH of them had at least one problem if not more.

The first two were mode hopping badly, the first replacement was tested by Rain and is not mode hopping, but doesn't work if i put the batteries in. ::) Of course it doesn't work without them in either - i have to screw on the battery compartment only partially.. I am guessing it is an electrical problem, a bad solder joint most likely.

The second replacement was not tested, but is actually the one with the least problems so far. It does mode hop when very hot, but i am transplanting it into a more massive body anyway, so it will be ok. The one with electrical problems will most likely be ok as well.

I have a feeling the last two are weaker than the first two tho. Or maybe my >150mW CNI spoiled me in between.
They peak at up to 150mW but drop very fast. and they don't light matches. The beams are too thick. The first two did light matches, but only from "point blank" range, and before mode hopping of course.

They all have completelly unsupported PCBs (well, some foam in the first two), so pressure on the button puts stress directly on the legs of the diode, only partially protected with some epoxy. I could actually make the first one go back to TEM00 by varying the pressure on the button!

The second two had a piece of plastic under the PCB. This plastic is perfectly shaped to be glued to the massive transistor under the circuit, and would prevent bending the "driver" PCB down.

Would, if it didn't fall deeper into the barrel and do nothing, because it is not glued, so the end result is worse than just foam, unless it actually stays there by luck.

Four lasers and each had problemS. I would not recommend this laser to anyone. Of course i may just have bad Karma or something, since every laser i buy has problems. ::)