Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Why does WL claim to have the brightest and most powerful lasers?

I won't lie, when I was first interested in lasers WL captivated me with their claims and their lasers. Now I realize their lasers are nothing compared to other companies and some of the lasers people are building on these forums. Their hosts are nice, I just wanna know why they sell overpriced lasers that aren't up to par with the ones being sold by the rest of the market:banghead:

ARG

They have amazing marketing, WL is probably the best brand awareness of any laser company around.
The laser has been featured all around the internet, and it's one of the first thing you'll come across if you're looking for a laser. People buy them without knowing any better.

WL is what led me to this forum and the new found love of lasers so I cant complain to much about them. My 1W 445 clocks in a wopping 670mW. The host is one of my favorites still.

i'm thinking about placing an order @ wickedlasers for an Artic, i tried buying one on the forums but no luck.

so i gotta get one off the website

If youre patient you can probably find a much better deal on here or ebay. I got mine on craigslist for 50$. Not saying you can find a deal like that but maybe with some luck you can find something cheaper than thier listing price.

If youre patient you can probably find a much better deal on here or ebay. I got mine on craigslist for 50$. Not saying you can find a deal like that but maybe with some luck you can find something cheaper than thier listing price.

i am being patient ;)

it's just i spend my money quicker then i get it :p

I know the feeling! After drag raciing, music, and lasers I need to win the lotto! :)

Lol jakeyboii... Somehow, I don't think buying a laser that is illegal to own and operate in Australia, directly from the manufacturer is probably not a good idea :p

WL is what led me to this forum and the new found love of lasers so I cant complain to much about them. My 1W 445 clocks in a wopping 670mW. The host is one of my favorites still.

At least it wasn't kipkay.

Did you go to Gainsville this weekend?

When I first started to get interessed in lasers at all I sure came across WL on the internet.

And no doubt I emediatly fell for them! Without knowing much about lasers, no wonder!

I never had in mind to buy me one of those because of the prices, but for sure I thought, that must be the coolest laser to have!

Because of the restrictions here in Austria, I think it`s very similar to Australia, buying a burning laser on the internet was not an option for me at all .

So I decided to build one on my own, and here I am! :D

Sure the WL look very good, and maybe you could get longer duty cycles out of them, but now I`m going to have a laser that will have 3 times the output power and will cost only a third of the WL!

Greetings brunes01

Yeah, it was news of a wl's lawsuit for being a light saber that got my interest back then. a 1W blue laser!!!!!! a few googles later and i was here.

Same here
A friend showed me his Artic 1W and got me interested.
I bought his Artic 1W and since bought a red 200mW and green from 0-Like
I can see how people get hooked

Same here. Saw WL first, and very nearly bought. did some research and got DL spartan instead, which was wise, but not as wise as getting one built from a member here! I think it's likely that the only way WL gets away with those prices is their marketing and aesthetic appeal of their site. Can't say I recommend them, but they seem to have fans...

To be fair, many sites, not just WL, claim to have "the worlds most powerful handheld" they are all wrong, the military probably has that, second to that, someone on this forum I would imagine. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!