Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who'd have thunk it? I need a low powered driver.

Hi all. Lazerman121 was kind enough to toss me a free Mitsu 658nm and module to mount it.

Here is the datasheet for this diode

It has a typical operating current of 105mA generating ~50mw. So, that's about where I'd like to drive it. It's got a reverse voltage of 2V.

I'm fairly certain I can get a Mohgasm linear down to 100mA. I was wondering if any of you driver experts could recommend other drivers that can get that low.

Moh was awesome enough to give me some boards and components to build a linear. I guess I'll have to do the math to figure out what resistors to drive it that slow.

Always a good exercise to learn how to set your own linear driver. Look in the LM317 datasheet for some examples.

Thanks Matt et al. I wasn't wanting someone to hold my hand throu the math so much as see if there were any other driver suggestions.

With such a low operating voltage you could probably run this thing with a linear driver and only 1 lithium battery.

Matt, you know just how to talk to the boys!

I do like my simple 3.7V systems...we shall see!

A groove 2 would be ideal for that situation I have had them down to 30mA before. Plus they are very affordable.

Thanks Jander. I have no experience with the Groove 2. I need to look into it more. I'm gonna try making my own w/ the stuff the good Moh sent me. But, I'm always on the lookout for a driver for the next build.

Fast shipping too. Groove 2 linear driver adjustable

I have many of builds using that groove driver driver up to 700mA to boot. I sure do miss Rckstr drivers they are still available, but you have to buy 10 at a time.

rckstr driver got up to 650mA IIRC
md_v3.jpg

That is a little history for you there