Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who has played Monkey Island?

Ahoy there,

Let's get off the laser topics for a little ... you scurvy sea-dogs :D arrgh,,:gun: :D

Who has played Monkey Island 1 2 and 3... And who can say that these are his/hers all time favorite games :) .. except me of course :D:D:D:drool:

I personally didn't like the 4th release "Escape from Monkey Island".. All that 3D crappy engine ruined my experience with the series... So I never even bothered playing "The Tales of Monkey Island"...

Although I like and enjoy the new "Secret of Monkey Island" 1 & 2 Special Editions, my all time favorite is the Curse of Monkey Island... I think that's the best game I have ever played :D period :D and I did play it back in 1997 man those were the good days .... ahhhhh the seaa...... :D

I just love all the dialogs, characters, music, sound effects .... ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING... I am a MANIAC... :D:D:D
I love all the Lucasarts old time classic point-and-click adventure games.. Indy3, Indy4, MM, DoTT, Sam&Max, Loom, Full Throttle :) :) :) :)

Arrrrgh :D

Last edited:

Awesome game, I have played all the old ones and I still like the 3D ones.. the writing is still good.. The new tell tale version is great too and the 3D engine is a lot better...

Also love DOTT, sam and max (including the new ones), full throttle, space quest, kings quest, and those other sierra / lucas games I can't think of right now.

Last edited:

Arayan

Great game :) I have played (1 & 2) on Commodore Amiga 2000 HD in 90 years :(((

All the classic Lucas games are killer. I've enjoyed all the SCUMM engine based games. MI, DOTT, LOOM, Sam N Max. Thr new stuff from Tale Tale Games is preferring too.

Great.. I might consider playing the Tales of MI sometimes in the future ... hope it has remained in the spirit of the oldies :) :drool:

I'm glad to see other people enjoying the classics :) :beer: :beer:
That was the time when the companies made games for fun and not so much for the money .. They put more efforts and thought in them to make them amazing... That's why they become such classics ... They just turned out better, don't you think? :can:

Last edited:
Great.. I might consider playing the Tales of MI sometimes in the future ... hope it has remained in the spirit of the oldies :) :drool:

I'm glad to see other people enjoying the classics :) :beer: :beer:
That was the time when the companies made games for fun and not so much for the money .. They put more efforts and thought in them to make them amazing... That's why they become such classics ... They just turned out better, don't you think? :can:

They kept a lot of the spirit of the old games in the new ones but again it's by a different company in a different format with a different engine you have to get used to (You should try the Tell Tale Sam and Max too) I think they released the first season of MI or s&m for free now... The writing is awesome though and the acting is great and the graphics are pretty good. I really enjoyed it.

As far as games of the now I don't think it's so much that companies have changed but the gaming crowd has changed... Back in the day it was geeks like us that played games and we liked to have to think a little bit... Now the muggles have taken over the gaming market and all they want is more realistic first person shooters... Can't argue with the ones paying you...

Fortunately companies like Tell Tale are out there to keep the "real" game market alive and that is why I will always gladly pay for games they make that I wish to play.