Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

White wire?

You tagged "case pin" and don't know what to do with it?

Its there to set the host case connection. You know, case negative, case positive, etc...

You tagged "case pin" and don't know what to do with it?

Its there to set the host case connection. You know, case negative, case positive, etc...

I really don't know how "flashlights" or case pins work. I was hoping for something a little more in depth. I really don't want to fry another one.

Aight.
Everything depends on driver type...
Ie for a flexdrive:
Instead of passing a wire from the 'button-end' of the host, up to the driver, you just connect the battery "-" into the whole host. Its the button that makes this connection.
That makes a negative host build.
So you solder the white wire into the diode black wire (-) and to the driver "-".

What driver you have?

Last edited:
In all the pictures I've seen on LPF of similar builds there is usually just a picture of the red and black wires connected to their respective areas on the driver and usually covered in heat shrink.

If you're not building the laser into a host (flashlight, etc), then you can ignore the white wire.

edit: for better understanding, look the second page of the Flexdrive V5 user manual. Wiring diagrams. The flexdrive is a positive dc-dc converter, so you need positive to pass thru the driver. In the 4th situation you can read below it: "Connect diode - to case pin", which means "Connect diode black wire to white wire."

Gotcha?

Last edited:
Aight.
Everything depends on driver type...
Ie for a flexdrive:
Instead of passing a wire from the 'button-end' of the host, up to the driver, you just connect the battery "-" into the whole host. Its the button that makes this connection.
That makes a negative host build.
So you solder the white wire into the diode black wire (-) and to the driver "-".

What driver you have?

The survival laser 1.25A Survival Laser Driver