Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which would you choose?

Hi laser experts,

I have been reading on LPF for a while now, great forum :bowdown: so thanks for that.
I have purched some lasers from DX in the past, but now I would like something with some more power and build quility.

After some research I have found two models, the:

rayfoss RF532-200mW-FLX and the
FDA torch (3998) from Wlaser

both are 200mW and around the same price

rayfoss $170 with shipping
wlaser $150 with shipping

I have heard good things on both of them, but can't make my chioce :thinking:

So please help me out.

Which one would you buy and why?

Thanks!!

D

Deleted member 8382

I'd buy the one from rayfoss, simply because I own it and it's great. just ask for the "no led" version, it's the one I have.

I'd buy the one from rayfoss, simply because I own it and it's great. just ask for the "no led" version, it's the one I have.

Thanks for your answer!

After reading some more, I have noticed that there are many negative posts lately, regarding rayfoss. The customers service is good before buying, but after.......:cryyy:

But offcourse, as you said, the product is excellent

mmmm:thinking:

Kevlar

[/QUOTE]but my main concern is to get a good laser with good aftersales.
Which I am willing to pay for.[/QUOTE]

If this is your main concern I would buy from wlaser. They are a new and upcoming company looking to build a strong customer base. From what I've read they are willing to go the "extra mile" for their customers. Aside from that some of the more respected members here have given them good reviews :)

I heard that Rayfoss used to be a good company but has gone down hill as of late...

Last edited:
but my main concern is to get a good laser with good aftersales.
Which I am willing to pay for.[/QUOTE]

If this is your main concern I would buy from wlaser. They are a new and upcoming company looking to build a strong customer base. From what I've read they are willing to go the "extra mile" for their customers. Aside from that some of the more respected members here have given them good reviews :)

I heard that Rayfoss used to be a good company but has gone down hill as of late...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, thats what I needed to hear. I was already leaning towards Wlaser but some feedback never hurts :thanks:.

Kevlar

Anytime, Goodluck! :beer: When you get it give a quick review. :yh: Also, play it safe and make sure you have some good eye protection.

(+1rep for doing some research before posting questions!!)

Last edited:
I actually think Faona from Rayfoss has been great after the sale. I purchased a 100mw pen, I wasnt quite happy with and I asked many questions and she responded quick each time. In short she is making good on the sale. I would shop with them again. Just be polite, I think some people get demanding and rude and that can get you equal response IMPO.