Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which would you buy??

Which would you rather purchase?

• Arctic Spyder S3 + Expanded Lens Kit (700mW) - $270

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Spartan (unk exact mW -- likely around 1W) - $275

Votes: 28 93.3%

• Total voters
So, after I get my Spartan from DL (if... it's been stuck in New York for some reason since the 7th) and review it, I'm looking to sell either my Arctic or my Spartan. Right now, despite quality, I'm leaning towards selling the Spartan. I'm also slightly worried about ease of sale though, so I'm wondering, which would you personally buy?

PRIORITY shipping to the US is included in both prices.

Also... random question, anything handy you guys suggest for cleaning the lens besides just the lens-ok-cloths?

Hmmmm. hard question. Id personally buy the spartan. the reason is because i just seen dissection pics of the arctic and i actually owned a spyder green myself and there too big. Plus the spartan is cni quality so that would be what i would buy.

Also just buy some good lens cleaner and use a q-tip.

How bought we get a second poll going?

A: This thread will closed/deleted in 1 day
B: This thread will be closed/deleted in 2 days

There is no choice IMO. The Spartan is top notch in quality (I have one) and the Arctic is reportedly crap. The resale on the Arctic will lily be better due to the popularity. Try posting on there facebook page. A new never used/or opened but tested arctic should sell fast. The spartan is not as popular, though Superior.

How bought we get a second poll going?

A: This thread will closed/deleted in 1 day
B: This thread will be closed/deleted in 2 days

There is no choice IMO. The Spartan is top notch in quality (I have one) and the Arctic is reportedly crap. The resale on the Arctic will lily be better due to the popularity. Try posting on there facebook page. A new never used/or opened but tested arctic should sell fast. The spartan is not as popular, though Superior.

Well see, I thought the price would have something to do with it.

The Spartan I'd sell for basically the same price that I got it (given that it will be used for all of 2 minutes), while the Arctic will be over $50 less than what it would be for now, and it includes the expanded lens kit.

I just wanted to see how much of an effect the price would have on it. And also my Arctic wasn't all that bad. Besides the slightly low power, it was surprisingly one of the better spec'd ones.

But I do understand everyone's logic that the Spartan would be the better sale!! I'll probably sell that one :)

zhouc1

spartan i think. it is just more... correctly advertised. the arctic does not seem to live up to its claims

Spartan has a clear lead votes-wise.

Also, keep these in mind:

-The Spartan is in stock and ready to go.
-The Spartan can hold 900mW steady for 10 minutes
-Members have raised no concerns about their Spartans.
-No member has yet to RMA a Spartan.
-The Spartan uses new, not harvested diodes.
-All the Spartans on LPF are >900mW
-The Spartan costs less than the Arctic.

Consider all of those points, especially the last one.

I think it's a clear win. There's no competition.