Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which Rayfoss Laser should I buy?

Hello

I have been looking for an inexpensive green laser and noticed the many good reviews Rayfoss has. Their lasers seem to be up to specification and returns/exchanges are easy.

Basically, I'm not sure which laser would be the best buy.

1. Rayfoss
2. Rayfoss

Personally, I like the way the second one looks, but really...I would prefer better build quality than good looks...Plus I saw somewhere that #1 may be better.

Does anyone have any ideas? I don't want to spend more than $150. I'm not necessarily set on Rayfoss, they just seem to have a best price for a up to spec laser. They do ship to the US right? What would be the safest shipping method? HK, DHL, or EMS?

Thanks =)

Last edited:

yes.. the 1 is better. the second was reviewed by a member here and it was only suffficient... not so good! buy the 1.. but MAKE SURE by rayfoss that it has a VERY GOOD focus system in your unit. i heard some people that say it has a normal focus system.... but not capable to set a low divergence... mmhm h.. for me is a BAD THING. how can a focus system NOT GIVE a low mrad? with my red dilda.. i can reach 0.5 mrad orf divergence!and the focus is shitty in the dilda!. in this laser the focus should at least give you <1mrad or WHY NOT 0.5 like the dilda( the focus seems to be bigger and better of the dilda)

:)

I have just received No1 and it's great, with a very visible beam and burning abilities.

See here for a small defect I found...

Thanks everyone for the wonderful feedback! I will probably but #1 within the week =P

Thanks again!

Hey Crockett, Rayfoss has discontinued the 50mW. Model of ur #2 RAYFOSS choice, but while they were selling it, I bought one & was VERY pleased with it. Although rated for 50mW's, mine was putting out 80mW's PEAK, & a nice steady 74mW's AVERAGE. So if you want MY $00.02, I'd choose #2 of ur 2 choices. It's a NICE laser & WAY over-spec ! Good Luck with whichever one ya choose. Ur pal............rob

D

Deleted member 8382

you can fnd my recently made review for the nr 1 on the reviews section, I'm really happy with it :)

Thanks again everyone! I was planning on getting the #1 but I think I may wait a few more days and see if anyone else gives their opinion on the matter.

I actually just spoke with the Rayfoss owner and she was VERY helpful!

This was the conversation.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Deluxe: Hello

Rayfoss: Hello!

Deluxe: I was going to purchase a laser in the next couple days and had a couple of questions

Rayfoss: Oh...Ok..please tell

Deluxe: You do ship to the US correct?

Rayfoss: yes.

Deluxe: What will you be declaring the laser as?

Rayfoss: We will declare it as "electronic samples for engineer testing" or some time call it "Lights accessories for engineer sample".

Deluxe: Which do you personally prefer? The CSF or the FLX?

Rayfoss: This one RF532-200mW-FLX is better...As the size of the head of this type is a little bigger than CSF which enable it a better heat dispensation...but sure if you can obey laser's normal duty circle i.e. 30 seconds on and 5 seconds off CSF is also a good choice since it size is adjustable...The other thing CSF is lack is the shutoff windown of aperture which can prevent dust inside when you not use the laser

Deluxe: If duty cycle is not an issue, which laser would you recommend for me. I just want something that I can push and hold down the button, and the laser turns on. (Similar to a simple laser pen)

Rayfoss: both them are easy to operate as a laser pen...Just they are high power version not like laser pen duty circle is not so critical. Those laser torch are in high powered version which request user to attention on it's duty circle for a better heat dispensation ..Factually ,you can light it as long as you want but do this can shorten the lifespan of the laser ...

Deluxe: I would never leave it on continuously for more than 20 sec at a time. So overall, which laser do you think is better built and will last longer?

Rayfoss: if you can obey the duty circle I think both them are the same on performance...but I personally like "FLX".

Deluxe: And is that shutdown window very important?

Rayfoss: yes it is ..if dust go inside and dirty the lens then the beam dot will not so neat and nice.. But you can clean the lens by cotton stick and pure alcohol. This job need a kind of patient

Deluxe: The front metal cap can be taken off to expose the lens? Or do you stick the cotton stick through the small hole?

Rayfoss: There are 2pcs lens one is for focus the other is on the laser module. You can turn off the head to see the lens of the module easily. but for the second lens designed inside the head itself you need to clean it through the hole

Deluxe: So the CSF you can only clean through the small hole? Ahh, and I just figured out what you meant by the adjustable size. It looks like the CSF can use 2 different types of batteries. Is a battery charger included with this laser?

Rayfoss: yes..it is

Deluxe: Awesome. I will probably buy the CSF tomorrow. Thanks for your help. I'm assuming there is a place where i can add a note which says "Please place 5mw sticker on laser"

Rayfoss: Ok, I see thank you! the order form has the place to leave your remarks:)

Deluxe: Awesome! Thanks so much for your help!

Rayfoss: welcome!:D

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So as you can see from the conversation, both lasers seem on equal playing grounds if you stay true to the duty cycle. I am probably going to go with the CSF mostly because I like the design more and its seems to be equal to the FLX. I[m not sure what their name was, but the Rayfoss person was VERY nice and helpful! I would highly recommend them if you want good customer support!!!

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Hey Crockett, the lady you spoke to is FAONA. She's the OWNER of RAYFOSS, & is a VERY SWEET LADY, a veritable PEACH..................rob

ReNNo

I think rayfoss is great place to buy green laser pointer.
I plan to buy this Rayfoss .

Has anyone bought this model?
What LPF members think about this laser?

Well, I placed the order just a few hours ago! =D (Very excited!)

I talked with Faona and she was just totally amazing! Rayfoss truly has top notch customer support!

Thanks Faona! Your AWESOME!!!

I Will post my short little review on the laser once I get it =P

Last edited:
delux i would'nt repost that conversation say the wrong people see it they could possibly get this company in trouble or at the least let customs know thier actions and they may keep tabs on rayfus

Thanks for the input john. The posts have been edited. I wouldn't want to get Faona in trouble. =S