Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which one is better?

The Spartan is over-spec'd its average's on 1.1w watch a LPM video of it, it stays above 1w through whole video! The tactical although its labeled as 1.2w , lower on the page it says output 1.1w don't know why its like that on some other o-like lasers. Dragon lasers has awesome customer service and their lasers and protective glasses are top quality. The tactical has focusable lens though not sure clear about this according to frank from dragon lasers lasers with focusable lens lose divergence and that is why DL doesn't have any lasers with focusable lens and instead sell a 10x beam expander which is currently being upgraded and will be released in several months.Im ordering the 1w spartan sometime soon cant wait!:)

Reactions: ARG
Owning the DL 1W Spartan for more than 3 months now, I can tell you it's a great laser!

If you are for burninig, that's the laser for you. In can burn almost anything in no time.

Just today I managed to burn a match 14 foot distance.

It has a nice steady beam and a beautiful deep blue color, however the divergence is rather poor, which is the only con in that great laser, IMHO.

Google a search here, there are numerous reviews for the Spartan, most of them favorable.

Last edited:
Both lasers are quite good.

Strictly on a dollar to dollar value basis o-like is better. I also happen to like their host more - it is extremely solid and I think if/when the diode dies I will definitely recycle the host.

I can't speak to DL spartan being overspec as I never had the chance to LPM one, although I have played around with one. I will say this... My O-like 1.2W puts out exactly 1W. The o-like claim is that the laser is on spec if it is ~1100mW RAW OPTICAL no lenses at all. So by that IMO rather convoluted logic if the o-like laser puts out over 1050mW Susie considers it as being on spec. Obviously I measured with the lens in place.

If price is not an issue... I think DL spartan+diffuser is the better option, but with difference in shipping price, and cost of diffuser you would end up spending quite a bit more.

There is a big difference in shipping costs between O-like and DL.

For shipping the Spartan, DL charged me with 35$.

For shipping the 400mw green plus tripod, O-like charged me with 8$ and for shipping the cute 250mw red they charged me with 5$ only.

All shippings were regular registered airmail.

I really don't know why there is such a big difference. Perhaps it's because DL uses China post and O-like uses Singapore post?

I'll be grateful if someone here posts an established answer.