Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which of these laser modules should i use?

It is for my old 5mw green laser that broke
1. Super Beast Green Laser Pointer 5mw 006 Signal W/CR123A | eBay
339svpl.jpg

1fbrfd.jpg

I took the laser module out as you can see so that i can replace it. These are the 3 I was looking at
532nm 50mW Green Laser/Lazer Diode Module Visible Beam | eBay
DIY 50mW 532nm Green Laser Module
Green laser module 50mW For custom build or lab [OLGLM50] - $26.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
Which of these do you think would work best ? Or none of these. And is it as easy as just putting the laser module in, tightening it and then putting a battery in ? btw the laser uses 1 CR123A battery

jimdt7

Whats your budget and where will you use this laser ? You can buy i higher power one, if you also buy goggles.

Jim

Ash

My budget is less than $40 and how do I know if it is the right size ?
You measure the old (broken) module, and you look at the dimensions listed in the specs:

eBay: -does not say-
Lazerer: The total length of the module is 12mm X 48mm
o-like: Dimensions: 11.90(dia.) x 61 (L) mm (i think this includes spring length)

Really, the only measurement you have to worry about is the diameter. Is your old module 11.9mm or 12mm across? :evil:

You measure the old (broken) module, and you look at the dimensions listed in the specs:

eBay: -does not say-
Lazerer: The total length of the module is 12mm X 48mm
o-like: Dimensions: 11.90(dia.) x 61 (L) mm (i think this includes spring length)

Really, the only measurement you have to worry about is the diameter. Is your old module 11.9mm or 12mm across? :evil:

slight problem... i destroyed my old module getting it out but would .1mm really make that much of a difference ? lol:thanks:

yup :p huge difference :(
you can contact the person you go it from, or look for the same host w/ specs.
p.s for 40$ you can just get a guaranteed-over-spec 50mw laser from lazerer

Last edited:
also does it matter what the end of the module look like ? because my old one looked like this
2v84kjo.jpg

not like the lazerer module
2h4ymtj.jpg

The end shouldn't really matter. Just the diameter. Can we have some closer pictures of where the old module fit? That'll determine whether it's a pressfit or whether it just sort of sits.

Also, joshshermannn1, why are you so into Lazerer.com?

you could always get a 12mm aixiz module and see if it fits, if you cant find out any other way.
@JaiNobeZ- i like them more than other chinese sites (e.g rayfoss) because of the LPM chart, good customer service, and frequently on spec lasers :)
i would suggest him a higher quality site, but the prices would probably exceed ~$40

all i have is a phone for pictures sooo
11bt2ex.jpg
:undecided: not sure if that helps also i measured a bit of the old module that was still a circle and it was also 13mm

Last edited:

Ash

Are you sure you measured correctly? 13mm is an odd size for a 532nm module.
Likely it's 12mm in diameter.