Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which of these 3 green lasers should I get?

So guys, my cheap pot mod laser is wearing out. I Need to buy me a nice greenie for pretty cheap. So I'm currently deciding between these three. If you have a personal experience to share about them that would be great.

50mW Transformable focusable green laser£*>5~200mw green laser pointer£*>Laser&lighting products£*>www.0-like.com
I like this A LOT because It takes both 16340 and 18650. Plus, it's adjustable so I can theoretically pop balloons.. For some reason I really want a green that can pop balloons :) . Does the key in the back make it FDA compliant? It costs $45.99 shipped.

Second laser:
Tactical Ultrafire host Green laser 50mW£*>5~200mw green laser pointer£*>Laser&lighting products£*>www.0-like.com
This one is in a coolio flashlight host, and it looks like it takes 1xCR123. But I don't think it's focusable, so can I pop/burn anything? Also in the description it says it goes as low as 40 mW. It costs $44.99 shipped.

Third:
50mW pocket Green laser torch£*>5~200mw green laser pointer£*>Laser&lighting products£*>www.0-like.com
This one costs only $31.99 Shipped! However, it only takes CR2 and it says that it also goes as low as 40mw.. So i'm guessing I can't burn anything with it?

Anyway, which one of these 3 should I get? Reviews are great, and even greater is if you know of a better deal than the ones here (or can sell me a better deal :) ).
Thanks,
Will.

D

Deleted member 8382

I would jump to 100mW if you want to pop balloons. The price difference compensate the double power. Any adjustable 100mW laser will work. I'd go for this one:

Rayfoss

jeffd

Its gonna be difficult to pop balloons with 50mws of green. And the focusable laser you posted can only focus outwards; to make the dot bigger, so its not really designed for burning.

Rob

I have to agree with Hallucynogenyc on this one. While it may be a bit more than what you wish spend you'll definitely get the power you want to pop a balloon. Plus the beam on green lasers above 100mw is just beautiful!

I have to agree with Hallucynogenyc on this one. While it may be a bit more than what you wish spend you'll definitely get the power you want to pop a balloon. Plus the beam on green lasers above 100mw is just beautiful!

Ok I guess I'll just hope for some birthday $$$ so I can get one :)

I bought an Optotronics 50mW greenie a couple weeks ago and they are known for their high quality laser but even mine wasn't capable of burning. My Opto 100mW just arrived and it does burn. So, I too would suggest you spend the extra coinage on a 100mW model from o-like.

Susie over at o-like is so helpful when you chat with her through her multiple live chat options and I haven't even bought from them yet. She doesn't give you the typical sales pitch and talks to you more like a friend.

I bought an Optotronics 50mW greenie a couple weeks ago and they are known for their high quality laser but even mine wasn't capable of burning. My Opto 100mW just arrived and it does burn. So, I too would suggest you spend the extra coinage on a 100mW model from o-like.

Susie over at o-like is so helpful when you chat with her through her multiple live chat options and I haven't even bought from them yet. She doesn't give you the typical sales pitch and talks to you more like a friend.

I agree, susie is great. I talked with her on Y!M and she was reaaaallly helpful. However, I don't like the fact that they work on CR2 batteries, and since I already got the 18650 charger from susie I am just going to use the 100mw from rayfoss that takes 18650 and CR123. What do you guys think of this laser and rayfoss in general?

Rob

While I can not speak of that particular laser, Rayfoss is reputable company. Their customer service is good and their laser's are on spec.

While I can not speak of that particular laser, Rayfoss is reputable company. Their customer service is good and their laser's are on spec.

Cool that's it then. I'll go with the rayfoss, really no reason not to.