Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which LPM would you rather have?

Would you rather have an LPM-1 or a Laserbee LPM.

Laserbee:
Thermopile
Accurate for blu-ray
Quite accurate for other wavelengths
Cheaper
Reads up to 1000mW with no filters.
$209

LPM-1
Optical Sensor
Very inaccurate for blu-ray
VERY accurate for other wavelengths
More expensive with ND8 filter (reads up to 100mW without ND8)
$240 w/ ND8
$200 w/o ND8

Kenom

I'm thinkin this needs to go in the "poll" section not the Group buy section as it has nothing to do with a group buy.

Kenom said:
I'm thinkin this needs to go in the "poll" section not the Group buy section as it has nothing to do with a group buy.
Yes this is in the perfect place, Hes askin around because he May want to do a GB on the Meters.
You never know :D

VW

Kenometer looks nice with the big glowing numbers, I'll have that one...

For us hobbyists, the Laserbee is probably our best choice because it's pretty accurate, cheap, and it covers 405nm. Also, because the LB is thermal, the readings won't get messed up by small amounts of other wavelengths like the optical LPM-1 will.

Kenom

Wesdaman14 said:
[quote author=Kenom link=1225152606/0#3 date=1225154286]I'm thinkin this needs to go in the "poll" section not the Group buy section as it has nothing to do with a group buy.
Yes this is in the perfect place, Hes askin around because he May want to do a GB on the Meters.
You never know  :D[/quote]

No, he's lookin to buy a power meter and can't decide on which to get.  Look in the b/s/t section.  

The laserbee is superior.  no comparison. It's like comparing apples to oranges. sure they are fruit. That however is the only similarity. Both are laser power meters. This is the only similarity.

Kenom said:
[quote author=Wesdaman14 link=1225152606/0#4 date=1225154386][quote author=Kenom link=1225152606/0#3 date=1225154286]I'm thinkin this needs to go in the "poll" section not the Group buy section as it has nothing to do with a group buy.
You never know  :D[/quote]

No, he's lookin to buy a power meter and can't decide on which to get.  Look in the b/s/t section.  

The laserbee is superior.  no comparison. It's like comparing apples to oranges.  sure they are fruit.  That however is the only similarity.  Both are laser power meters.  This is the only similarity.
[/quote]
O rly?

swu1e0.jpg

Kenom said:
It will, don't worry ;)

Alright guys, keep your eyes out for a possible Laserbee LPM GB ;)

@ Kenom --

I'm (possibly) going to do this GB because i am a pretty well recognized member on here, and haven't really done much for the community except help a bunch of people. So i wanna help some people for a change :D

Kenom

Hey, I'm all for that.  I wish you sucess.  Be warned though.  There is a LOT of work involved in organizing a GB.  I'm on my second and still f*ck things up all over the place. Of course mine wouldn't be so difficult if they didn't stretch to 9 months long!!

I'd go with the Laserbee.
for a meter like that from any retailer.. you're looking at spending close to $2000-$4000 that will compare to his.

LPM-1 is a -$5 alternative, but you'll miss out on readings that you could get with a Laserbee.
Quite frankly... I'd rather get the full range of wavelengths than just some.

The laserbee all the way. Although I don't have one myself I've heard a lot of good things about it, and for a hobbyist it's very important to have good readings for 405nm, as it is just getting more and more popular to build blu-rays. It's getting more common than good ol' 650nm builds wtih the BR diodes coming down in price and such.

Wesdaman14 said:
lol for 9$ more you can get the laserbee and have Blu ray support  ;)

Actually... you can get a LaserBee I for $30.00 less if you compare the price by the 1000 mW max range.

For $9.00 less than the LaserBee I.. you can get an LPM-1 that only goes to 100mW..

PS.. And that's without a GB discount. ::)

Jerry