Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

which is brighter in fog 650nm or 405 nm?

I want a HOT burning laser but I want to see it good also...I have a fog machine and I am trying to choose between getting a 330mw red 650nm build or a 450mw 405nm 8x build. I know the 8x would be hotter to burn, but in comparison which would be the brightest side by side? Are there any beam shots on this forum of high power red vs blue ray lasers in fog at these mw, and if yes direct me to them please. If any one has any fog beam shots of a really high power 405nm blue ray 8x please show me so I can make a good comparison and between these two lasers and powers how much difference is there in their burning abilities? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Benm

The 650 would be brighter unless the fog was fluorescent.

As far as photographs go, they will tell you very little, 405 is so close to uv that few cameras render it remotey realistic - its either way to bright or way to dim, or even the wrong color, but rarely spot-on.

hey heres a link.. http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/my-8x-pioneer-build-41454.html

next time please use the search button! atm 8x's are very expensive and not many people have them.. I also heard some of the sleds members have been buying are QC rejects... (correct me if im wrong.. could be the 10x or maybe even 6x..) IMO I personally see 650 better then 405, but then again i have never seen 405 at 300mw in person...

hope that helps -Adrian