Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which forum member makes best laser?

siop

I know there are alot of different people who build custom lasers on these boards. I've looked at several (jayrob, igorT, daguin just to name a few). The only prob is I dont know enough about lasers to quite understand who makes the best. Now I know to each his own and what determines the best depends on what the buyer is looking for but I would just like to ask some opinions from long time forum members here, who makes and sales the baddest brightest laser on here? I've been looking at the Blue ray lasers but like I said, i've not quite grasped the complete difference between lasers other then color and strength. I'm hoping to get something that can pop any color balloon, light any match, burn electrical tape and some plastics or what not. More or less, reak havoc in my back yard. :D

I have a 100mw blue(?) laser coming my way from a buddy. He is a laser enthusiest himself and fiddles at home. He built one with just the diode, wiring, driver and battery. No host . I asked him about selling them and he said he didnt plan on it but would see if he could find a supplier. Apparently he found one and just bought direct from him. Not sure if its someone from here or not but thats beside the point. So, anyways, its supposed to be on the way. The exact makeup of the laser, i cant tell you. He said it has a violet tent up close but at a distance, it is a blue beam. I have a pic i'll post here if anyone happens to know who makes them or can give any info on them. I bought one of the small ones on the right in the picture.

http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hostspicht2.jpg    

So anyway, anyone that has been around for some time who has a good knowledge on the folks that build lasers around here who can share some info would be greatly appreciated. I have read several reviews and looked at several items for sale by certain individuals but like I said, alot of it at this point is a foreign language to me. I'm gonna wait and check out this laser coming my way before I jump on board with something else right now but as i'm sure all of you have done, i'm going to want another one before long. Thx again for any information posted.

jayrob

Of the people you mentioned there, all of the lasers are of excellent quality. You may just plain like the look of a certain host too...

Other things that may be of importance, are battery type (capacity), rechargeable vs primaries, etc...

One other thing I might mention, is to think about the difficulty of diode replacement in a laser build. This can be an important consideration for the future!

Check out my latest: :cool:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1222931054/0
Jay

siop

Also looked at sk8er4514 blue ray laser. So many good looking lasers around here, its hard to distenguish the difference between one or the other.

siop

jayrob, did you get a chance to look at the link I posted of the picture? They look like your pocket pals but black. Not your build is it?

jayrob

I can tell that at least a couple of those lasers in that picture have my heatsinks in them. I have made probably over 200 heatsinks for 5 different hosts now, along with a few custom jobs.

The link I posted above is my latest (and greatest) IMO. Here's a tutorial if you want to try to DIY:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1223170239/0

I still want to emphasize that there are several good builders here. There are more differences in 'host type/battery driver configuration' than build quality...
Jay

siop

LaserHawk said:
jayrob, did you get a chance to look at the link I posted of the picture? They look like your pocket pals but black. Not your build is it?

Figured out whos they were. They are thesk8nmidget's. I'll post a review and pics once I recieve it.

rfcman

I got great lasers from both daguin and ndrew2505 in bluray service was excellent to.

siop

Thesk8nmidget has a very solid build too. I just recieved mine, from him, tonight. I'm very please so far. Though this being my first laser i'm not real sure what qualities to look for but I can say that for a first timer, I'm very pleased. I'll try to get time to right a review once I have more time to play around with it.

im glad your happy! and good to see my first build that has been sold to a member on here showed up already lol

i have sold quite a few to friends and family back in oregon but you are the first to get on and also be on the forum!

crazy how you found me too :)