Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

which dx laser should i get?

hi,
i am going to buy a new green laser from dx... i am thinking of going with the true 30 or the romisen L-030. i already have eneloops so i wont have to waste money on new batteries for the true 30 but the laser may not get past customs. i dont have rechargable batteries for the romisen but it might get through customs more easily. which one do you guys recommend me get?

Razako

Get the true 30. If the package is opened by customs the appearance won't matter if they see the laser warning label.

L4sers

freshert said:
hi,
i am going to buy a new green laser from dx... i am thinking of going with the true 30 or the romisen L-030. i already have eneloops so i wont have to waste money on new batteries for the true 30 but the laser may not get past customs. i dont have rechargable batteries for the romisen but it might get through customs more easily. which one do you guys recommend me get?

I dont understand what I highlighted.

Razako

L4sers said:
[quote author=freshert link=1212150702/0#0 date=1212150702]hi,

I dont understand what I highlighted. [/quote]
eneloops are a type of rechargeable battery. He lives in Australia so he needs to worry about customs confiscating his laser.

hey guys i think im just gonna get a 30mw or 55mw pen from optotronics now... i dont want the dx to break on me when the laser ban starts around july...

Good choice. Higher price, higher quality. Chances are you'll get a laser that performs higher then specified. :cool:

Petrovski said:
Good choice. Higher price, higher quality. Chances are you'll get a laser that performs higher then specified.  :cool:
its all thanks to you! i read your review of your 5mw optotronics pen putting out 20mw :eek: