Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

which company should i buy from??

i want a red or green laser, 250 dollars or less that looks cool and can tape, pop balloons and light matches. Thanks!

dealextreme lasers sum themself with the word cheap. Very cheap prices, very cheap build quality, very cheaply made. Cheap product, cheap price. Not a strong laser, not a reliable laser, a cheap laser.

Novalasers x series will cost significantly more for the mW, but the quality and service matches the price.

Past that, the decision is up to you (also, keep in mind that a DealExtreme "200mW" does not actually output 200mW of 532nm).

Go for the X105 from www.novalasers.com, use the forum 5% discount and you can also get some goggles and stay in your budget. I have an X105 from them and it is great, llights matches, pops balloons, cuts electric tape like you want.

If you want red, you can build your own for REALLY cheap. You can build a 150mW for about $30, if you want to build your own read up on the experiments and mods section of this forum, it's full of great info.

Rhith

Haha, marianne you should know that out of anyone I would never become brainwashed by WL!