Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WHICH BATTERIES???

rayovac has ni-mh AAAs and AAs called Hybrids that hold their charge for a longer period of time than normal ni-mh batteries.. they can maintain 70 to 85% of their charge over one year.
the AAAs that i have have a capacity of 800mAh. its less than other rechargeable AAAs

wikipedia has info about these low drain batteries under "Nickel-metal hydride battery"

when i get my x45, i plan on using the hybrids in it.

charleytown55il said:
rayovac has ni-mh AAAs and AAs called Hybrids that hold their charge for a longer period of time than normal ni-mh batteries.. they can maintain 70 to 85% of their charge over one year.
the AAAs that i have have a capacity of 800mAh. its less than other rechargeable AAAs

wikipedia has info about these low drain batteries under "Nickel-metal hydride battery"

when i get my x45, i plan on using the hybrids in it.

I don't have the time to research it this minute, but seems my memory tells me these advantages are overclouded by the fact that they are not very good "rechargables" in the sense they cannot be recharged very many times......before they start loosing their capacity.... similiar to the "rechargable alkaline" experiment that has all but failed.... is this true?

Gazoo

No, that is not true. At least not with Sanyo Eneloops which have been around awhile and there have been no reported problems with them. I replaced all my aging regular AAA and AA nimh's with Eneloops. I use the AAA's in my Nova X105 and they are awesome. I have tested the capacity of Eneloops and they come out a bit higher then their rated capacity.

The neatest thing about them is they are low self discharge cells so they do not need recharging nearly as often. But I and others have also found they handle high loads very well. There have been studies done on them on CPF. I would suggest researching CPF for more information, or just go out and buy a pack and try them. I don't think you will be disappointed.

I tried the E2 Lithiums in my DX True 30 and so far the beam seems more stable BUT $6.50 for a pair of AAA's is nuts.

photongeek said:
I tried the E2 Lithiums in my DX True 30 and so far the beam seems more stable BUT $6.50 for a pair of AAA's is nuts.

I don't really notice a difference from lithiums verses high quality NiMh rechargables.

Maybe if I was in a state competition I would use them.. but for everyday use, I can't see spending the buck for no difference I can really notice.... maybe some lasers need the extra volts..... The regulation on the board should keep the voltage where it wants anyway.. so as long as the amperage is being delivered, prob no difference.

Kenom

Ok so I keep seeing everyone referring to rcr123's I do a search and come up with nothing. I know that we use a lot of "abreviations" on the forums. would someone tell me what rcr123's are please?

Gazoo

They are li-ion batteries...in other words the rechargeable version of cr123's.