Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where was this movie taken?

Does anyone know where this happened and why? Kinda looks like Istanbul to me, but looking at the text on the video, probably middle east somewhere.

Geesh, don't do this; point at aircraft, but I'm betting these are a bunch of cheap 532nm DPSS laser pointers. I'm disappointed how the beams don't go out very far before disappearing! Is that what is happening for most of our 1.2mRad laser pointers?

79vutGp.gif

Last edited:

OK, I've seen close in video of laser attacks to helicopters, but not this one so far away from the crowd and most of them in this short gif movie, don't seem to be purposely pointing at the aircraft.... most weren't, but I believe some were. They just seem to have such short beams, I suppose if they were all cheap 50mw pointers that isn't so bad, but even then, they seem to spread out fairly fast after just a few hundred feet. I've been trying to find better videos of beamshots from a distance on Youtube, but not finding much. I guess I better just contribute and make some of my own videos someday.

Can I see blue lasers in both the GIF and the utube video? They could cause some real damage to the pilots eyes...