Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

where to get a burning laser ??

prosniper

hi all
im new to this forum just wanted to know where can i get a good long lasting laser , i looked on wicked lasers and was going to get from there ......but then i saw this form and well i know better now  ;D so i looked at google a bit more and found kips site so i got the parts and did what he said in the vid to find after i built the laser it only lasted about 4 days :mad:  and now just glows a soft red  :'(
.... so i am at a loss now so guys and girls it now up to up to help me PLEASE  ;)

[highlight]I WOULD LIKE[/highlight] :-
to be able to light stuff ( plastic and balloons) ect

see it in the dark

must be over 200mw ( just coz kips one was not that good it took about 5 sec to pop a ballon so i want more POWER)

and to last longer than 4 days :mad:

THATS ALLL ;)
not much to ask is it lol

disma

Hello! Look here for all the stuff you need to make a nice laser! ;)

http://sales.stonetek.org/index.htm

and here is the details for the regulator circuit.

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1185701612/0#0

If you want it to last a long time, dont drive your laser diode over 200ma! and use daedals lm317 regulator circuit instead of a resistor.
Although this isnt going to be over 200mw, you could get an open can diode from a dvd rw drive (pioneer 212 somthing has a real good diode thats easier to extract than some and will last at 300-400ma from what ive heard.)
The open cans are real delicate, and hard to get out without damageing them.

Max

RA_pierce

If you're looking for a very cheap burning laser try dealextreme. They have cheap lasers but are not guaranteed to last long. If you want high quality, try novalasers. They sell their X-105 for $209 and you can get a 5% discount. Thats the same price as a 55mW from wickedlasers but with twice the power.

Kenom

it will light stuff yes. 105mw is pretty powerful. You'll wanna make sure you get some eye protection. I also sell red lasers in the 150-175mw range for about $130-$150. Pm me if your interested.