Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to buy fog machine at

L@z3r

I have done a local search with google, and can't really seem to find any results.
Do any of you know where i can get a decent fog machine at that is kinda locally ? maybe at the mall ?
Thanks

daguin

L@z3r said:
I have done a local search with google, and can't really seem to find any results.
Do any of you know where i can get a decent fog machine at that is kinda locally ? maybe at the mall ?
Thanks

Try a "party supplies" type store.  Here in California we have "Spencer's Gifts" that sometimes carries them.  Otherwise most of the other mall type stores only carry them around Halloween.

Peace,
dave

L@z3r

robjdixon said:
What sort of power is needed?
Not a whole lot. I'm just going to use it when i get my new lasers, so i can do some effects like the time tunnel etc..

diachi

L@z3r said:
[quote author=robjdixon link=1230919327/0#3 date=1230920877]What sort of power is needed?
Not a whole lot. I'm just going to use it when i get my new lasers, so i can do some effects like the time tunnel etc..[/quote]

wall mart may sell them, other than that, it'll be radio shack or a DJ shop , I got mines from a DJ shop.

If you're not looking for anything big I'm sure wall mart will have some .

daguin said:
[quote author=L@z3r link=1230919327/0#0 date=1230919327]I have done a local search with google, and can't really seem to find any results.
Thanks

Try a "party supplies" type store.  Here in California we have "Spencer's Gifts" that sometimes carries them.  Otherwise most of the other mall type stores only carry them around Halloween.

Peace,
dave[/quote]
YOU GO TO SPENCERS? :O:O:O:O:O

daguin

potatorage said:
[quote author=daguin link=1230919327/0#1 date=1230919735][quote author=L@z3r link=1230919327/0#0 date=1230919327]I have done a local search with google, and can't really seem to find any results.
Thanks

Peace,
dave[/quote]
YOU GO TO SPENCERS? :O:O:O:O:O[/quote]

I shop Hot Topic too [smiley=evil.gif]

Peace,
dave

L@z3r

daguin said:
[quote author=potatorage link=1230919327/0#6 date=1230935070][quote author=daguin link=1230919327/0#1 date=1230919735][quote author=L@z3r link=1230919327/0#0 date=1230919327]I have done a local search with google, and can't really seem to find any results.
Thanks

Peace,
dave[/quote]
YOU GO TO SPENCERS? :O:O:O:O:O[/quote]

I shop Hot Topic too   [smiley=evil.gif]

Peace,
dave[/quote]
Back on subject, So anybody know any place other then Spenser's, because i prefer to stay away from that store.

Depending on what city you are in (or close to) your best bet would probably be Guitar Center (there's a locator at their website, guitarcenter.com) - for your needs you probably only need something in the 400 watt range, they sell a 400 watt fogger made by American DJ at GC for around $40 and it comes with a pint of fluid to get you started... Skip the cheapies you might find at Spencer or Wal-Mart though - usually they are pretty poorly built and are prone to pump failure, clogging, burnt-out heaters, etc.

One note though - if you are only going to use the fogger intermittently, make sure before you store it long-term you clean it thoroughly, they make cleaning fluids you can run thru the unit but the easy "down-and-dirty" cheap way is to empty the tank of fluid and then run several short bursts of a 50/50 mix of water and white vinegar, then epty the tank again and run a few short blasts of distilled water through it (this sounds like a pain in the butt however if you leave glycerine-based fog juice in the coils for a long time, say 2 weeks or more without running the fogger it can and WILL clog, and then you're really up a creek).

I think you can get a small fog machine from bed bath and beyond for like $15-$20. Check out their website.

L@z3r

styropyro said:
I think you can get a small fog machine from bed bath and beyond for like $15-$20. Check out their website.
Would you happen to have a link, as i searched and found no results.

they might have sold out by now. i think that may have been a clearance sale they were having. :)