Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to buy a good laser ?

Mygale

Hello all, i search a cheap green laser for 200 - 250 mw of power and a visible beam ( , i don't know how to choose a good site because there have hundred of site who sell them and a hundred of variety of lasers. You know please a good company who selling cheap 250 mw laser with visible beam and not a 800 $ 5 mw laser ? ( i can spend only 135$ )

Thanks for help and i am very sorry for my bad english i am not american/english. ( my use for this laser is the burning, i like burning or poke holes in plastic, explode ballons, drill cd cases )

Mygale.

P.S : i can't buy a laser from a member because i can only buy from a site.

P.S 2 : you know a site accepting paypal because i have 27$ in my account, what i can buy for this price ?

Last edited:

For $27 you won't get a 200-250mW 532nm green laser. But, you're in luck because you only need 50mW to see the beam. (it depends on lighting conditions and angle of view and that number can be even 30mW or less). The best idea is to save your money so you don't waste it on a fake "200mW" green laser from a sketchy website. Go to laserbtb when you have saved up.:beer:

Mygale

For $27 you won't get a 200-250mW 532nm green laser. But, you're in luck because you only need 50mW to see the beam. (it depends on lighting conditions and angle of view and that number can be even 30mW or less). The best idea is to save your money so you don't waste it on a fake "200mW" green laser from a sketchy website. Go to laserbtb when you have saved up.:beer:

Hello, I don't search for 27 $ ( only for a 2nd laser less than 50 mw and more than 5 mw ) but i search a 200 -250 mw green laser for 130$ :thanks:

Just check out LivinLoud's thread "Owning Lasers". It includes tons of details about where to purchase a quality laser(which is what you are looking for). Link below:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/complete-guide-owning-lasers-please-read-82066.html

Best of luck :)

-Alex

Hello, thanks for the link, i will look that tomorrow^^

Last edited:
It's a total minefield. I very nearly didn't get into the hobby at all as there seemed to be so many websites selling junk, for every good site it seems you come across 10 bad ones. The laser industry has got to be one of the most rife for conning people out of money for crap. Thankfully you made the first correct step by joining this site. If this site hadn't existed I'd have never been able to sort the wheat from the chaff and would either have avoided the hobby or probably been conned by someone like wicked lasers. Unfortunately most of the good laser companies are nowhere near the top of Google search... figure that one out.

From my personal experiences I can recommend laserbtb as a good starter company, I bought my first laser from them and being currently in ownership of three I can recommend the PL and HL hosts but would stay away from the pen/pointer hosts. You will get a HL (hand held) 532nm (green) at 100mW including postage for just under your $135 budget and it will be a quality laser. However, you need to factor in good quality batteries and safety glasses, which may push you closer to affording only the 50mW version. Either version will have a visible beam indoors under moderate lighting and very visible at night.

Last edited:

Mygale

It's a total minefield. I very nearly didn't get into the hobby at all as there seemed to be so many websites selling junk, for every good site it seems you come across 10 bad ones. The laser industry has got to be one of the most rife for conning people out of money for crap. Thankfully you made the first correct step by joining this site. If this site hadn't existed I'd have never been able to sort the wheat from the chaff and would either have avoided the hobby or probably been conned by someone like wicked lasers. Unfortunately most of the good laser companies are nowhere near the top of Google search... figure that one out.

From my personal experiences I can recommend laserbtb as a good starter company, I bought my first laser from them and being currently in ownership of three I can recommend the PL and HL hosts but would stay away from the pen/pointer hosts. You will get a HL (hand held) 532nm (green) at 100mW including postage for just under your $135 budget and it will be a quality laser. However, you need to factor in good quality batteries and safety glasses, which may push you closer to affording only the 50mW version. Either version will have a visible beam indoors under moderate lighting and very visible at night.

Hello^^, i know the protection glasses ( a laser can severely damage the eyes ) i buy that with the laser, I can only buy in 100 mw power with my budget ? what the price of a 150 or 200 mw please ?

Thanks you.

P.S : in your site i see a green laser with my budget : http://www.laserbtb.com/productshow.asp?id=76 this is good ?

Last edited:
I up the post.:whistle:

Yes, that laser will be over good quality! But be aware you are looking at a 520nm green model, which will cause the price to be higher then the typical 532nm greenies.

This is the link to a 532nm green from the same company:
HL 532nm 50-300

The only difference between 520nm and 532nm are as follows(just in case you are interested).
- 520nm will appear brighter at nighttime then 532nm, due to the fact the peak wavelength for a dark adapted eye is 507nm
- 520nm is a diode, not DPSS, which means no need to worry about sensitive crystals
- 520nm will appear *greener* when compared to 532nm, which looks more *limey*
- 520nm lasers are less common then 532nm ones

Mygale

Yes, that laser will be over good quality! But be aware you are looking at a 520nm green model, which will cause the price to be higher then the typical 532nm greenies.

This is the link to a 532nm green from the same company:
HL 532nm 50-300

The only difference between 520nm and 532nm are as follows(just in case you are interested).
- 520nm will appear brighter at nighttime then 532nm, due to the fact the peak wavelength for a dark adapted eye is 507nm
- 520nm is a diode, not DPSS, which means no need to worry about sensitive crystals
- 520nm will appear *greener* when compared to 532nm, which looks more *limey*
- 520nm lasers are less common then 532nm ones

Okey, thanks you for your reply, i will buy the 532 nm it's more cheap than 520 nm, a other question, for a visible beam we need obligatorily a fog machine ?

Thanks you.

P.S : the IR filter is what and what the utility ? ( sorry for the very bad english )

Last edited:
Okey, thanks you for your reply, i will buy the 532 nm it's more cheap than 520 nm, a other question, for a visible beam we need obligatorily a fog machine ?

Thanks you.

P.S : the IR filter is what and what the utility ? ( sorry for the very bad english )

You won't necessarily need a fog machine to see the beam, the beam of a 100mW 532nm laser will be pretty visible if used at nighttime. On the other hand if you use it during the day, with the sun out, I can guarantee you won't be seeing any beam unless standing right next to the laser or using a fog machine outside.

The IR filter helps prevent IR light/or at least blocks 99% of it, from coming out of the aperture when using the laser. DPSS lasers use IR light to create the desired final wavelength wanted through a series of crystals. In the case of 532nm, the process is quite simple.

808nm(IR)----->1064nm(IR)------>532nm(visible)

Mygale

You won't necessarily need a fog machine to see the beam, the beam of a 100mW 532nm laser will be pretty visible if used at nighttime. On the other hand if you use it during the day, with the sun out, I can guarantee you won't be seeing any beam unless standing right next to the laser or using a fog machine outside.

The IR filter helps prevent IR light/or at least blocks 99% of it, from coming out of the aperture when using the laser. DPSS lasers use IR light to create the desired final wavelength wanted through a series of crystals. In the case of 532nm, the process is quite simple.

808nm(IR)----->1064nm(IR)------>532nm(visible)

okey, thanks you for helping me^^

Mygale

A last question ( sorry ), a green laser of 400 Mw 532nm is better than a 445nm 2W Blue laser ? i search the power ( i have 40$ googles, not the 5$ ). A blue laser 445nm is more better than 400 Mw 532nm green laser for burning ?

Sorry for my question and thanks you if your responding me again.

A last question ( sorry ), a green laser of 400 Mw 532nm is better than a 445nm 2W Blue laser ? i search the power ( i have 40$ googles, not the 5$ ). A blue laser 445nm is more better than 400 Mw 532nm green laser for burning ?

Sorry for my question and thanks you if your responding me again.

Yes a 2W(2000mW) 445nm laser will be much more efficient at burning "dark" material then a 400mW 532nm laser.

On the other hand, a 400mW 532nm laser will be almost/if not the same brightness as a 2W(2000mW) 445nm laser due to the fact the peak sensitivity of the human eye is 555nm(daylight)/507nm(nighttime).

I wouldn't say 532nm is *better* then 445nm. Both have their pro's and con's :)

Mygale

Yes a 2W(2000mW) 445nm laser will be much more efficient at burning "dark" material then a 400mW 532nm laser.

On the other hand, a 400mW 532nm laser will be almost/if not the same brightness as a 2W(2000mW) 445nm laser due to the fact the peak sensitivity of the human eye is 555nm(daylight)/507nm(nighttime).

I wouldn't say 532nm is *better* then 445nm. Both have their pro's and con's :)

Okey, thanks you^^

For me, you recommended for me which laser ? Because i can't choose, it's hard to choose.

Last edited:
Okey, thanks you^^

For me, you recommended for me which laser ? Because i can't choose, it's hard to choose.

Well it depends on you :)

If you want to burn stuff, then get the 445nm. If you prefer brightness over burning and the ability to see a beam more easily then get 532nm.