Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

where does the resistor goes in this driver?

You need to replace the sense resistor. It will be the resistor that heats up the most during operation.

Dude, there's only one resistor on the entire god damned board.

It even says in the review down there, quote:
Pros:
You can get higher current buy resoldering R150 resistor to R100 (0.1 Ohm). To get more stable output add 10mF solid capacitor to both tantalum on-board (total 2 of 20 mF).

Don't make me photoshop fifty arrows pointing to it on the picture of the board.

Don't make me photoshop fifty arrows pointing to it on the picture of the board.

Do EEETTT!!

Come on I want to see all them arrows :crackup:

Alright,

I thought a dozen or so should do it.

sku_25505_1.jpg

If you are still having trouble identifying the component, paypal me some munies to get the rest of them arrows. Seriously, that's like 40 arrows for spare change! Free shipping! Guaranteed to unmistakenly help you identify your god damned resistor! One time deal!

hahaha LOL thanks.
you say I should remove it and put a 2.7 resistor in spot?

Nope, it works the other way around - smaller the resistance = more current you're getting out.

Now, what current are you trying to get out of it? It says on DX that it's rated for 1.2 Amps output if lithium ion cell is used as power supply which should be good for 445nm diodes.

What diode will you use it with?

EDIT- Oh and sorry if you were offended in any way by what passes for my version of "joke" up there :p No offence was intended.

Last edited:
Well, I bet 3V is enough.

Now, to lower the current, if 1.2A is supplied by it out of the box, you'd need 10x smaller current which means 10x larger resistance so ... yeah, 2.5 to 2.7 ohms should do well.

Let us know how it goes :)

Yes so going back to my second question:
do I have to pull out the existing resistor and somehow put the 2.7 ohm in?

Yes, you need to remove it.

There are a good number of SMD soldering tutorials on Youtube that'll teach you tricks such as desoldering a 2-pad component (resistors, etc)in one move.

has anyone tested those drivers they look pretty sweet:)

i have but all I got was 600mA @ 3V
nothing special really

i tried with both lithium and alkaline batteries, at a single AA battery I couldn't even get 300mA ??? ?? wth :D :wtf:this driver is no good for higher current!

good for low currents though ;)

and yes I have tried lower resistors

Last edited:

LaZeRz

By changing the resistor and the schottcky you should be able to get up to 2 amps of current.

EDIT:
sku_25505_1.jpg

spelling error:p required*

Last edited: