Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Where do you get your wire?

PhotonSky

Where do you gets wires for your builds?

I need to know where I can get wire, 1mm or less for my builds.

FireMyLaser

PhotonSky said:
Where do you gets wires for your builds?

Guy, are you even trying? Shut up.

FireMyLaser said:
[quote author=PhotonSky link=1238393720/0#0 date=1238393720]Where do you gets wires for your builds?

Guy, are you even trying? Shut up.
[/quote]
I sent a formal complaint to c0ld. c0ld sent me a pm back. He is banned ;D

phoenix77

If you want stranded wire, open up any broken electrical device, particularly  CRT's, CPU's, etc. If you prefer solid, single strand wire, use old, gray, telephone wire, & CAREFULLY remove the outer sheath insulation. Inside you'll find at LEAST 5 solid, single strand wires, each with a different colored insulation on it..........rob PS, the best thing is that it's FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frogger

hmm, didn't know the trick about telephone wire, i thought it would be too flimsy to hold its shape.
I do prefer solid single strand, its much easier to work with while soldering IMO.

rog8811

Someone dumped an enormous reel of CCTV coax plus 5 strand control cable on my nature reserve (probably expected the coax to be copper that could be burnt out and sold...it was aluminium).

So I have five lengths of insulated single strand each around 200m long...that should keep me going for a while ;).

Regards rog8811

phoenix77

The telephone cable I'm referring to is the wire that is INSIDE your walls. Not the wire that leads from the jack to the phone, & certainly not the Curly-Q crap that connects the handset to the cradle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rob

rocketparrotlet said:
I don't see the problem with PhotonSky.  Why was he banned?  Seemed like a nice guy to me...

-Mark
Just because he gave you a point and tried to befriend you doesn't make him a nice guy  ;D

This thread is so silly. Were do you get wire? ;D Answer: The store.