Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where do i find Pin Diagram for a diode????

BluRay

Hi guys. i just bought a DVD burner and harvest the diode from it. It has 3 pins and i was wondering where would i go to find out the diagram for the diode?
Its from a Lite On 20X DVD burner. The barcode sticker on the sled has the number Ds17LVOI and DI1L3A1AD and model number is DH-20A4P08C

I want to know if theres any other way of testing it to find out which pin is which, or try to find the diagram on the net.

I just saw this thread on Pin diagrams on a couple diodes, and wonder if this is correct for the Red Diode im useing???

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1219790880

Thanks

Tommy

I think this would be right, as far as I've learnt on here, red diodes use the same pinouts.

BluRay

nvmextc thanks for your answer. But how certain would you be? i also just saw on HighTechDealz that the 20x red diode pin out is the same as in the link i posted aswell

Tommy

Not 100% as I haven't used that diode before. But pretty sure, there seems to be a trend.

daguin

nvmextc said:
Not 100% as I haven't used that diode before. But pretty sure, there seems to be a trend.

The pinouts shown and described in the post are correct.

Trust me, if they were wrong, somebody would have jumped on it immediately

You may not have figured it out yet, but we really do want you to build your own laser

WL we are not

Peace,
dave

BluRay

Daguin. So what your saying is that the lite on 20x diode im using will work of that diagram?
Although the diode is different to the link i posted?

Tommy

daguin

BluRay said:
Daguin. So what your saying is that the lite on 20x diode im using will work of that diagram?
Although the diode is different to the link i posted?
Tommy

I would need to know what you mean by "different." If you just mean that it is a different "brand" or harvested from a different DVD writer, then yes. If the number of pins is different, then no.

If it has three pins and is either a round open can or a round closed can, the pinouts should be the same.

Peace,
dave

BluRay

Ok thanks Daguin.
1 more question. Will the red open can diode fit in the 12mm x 30mm aixiz module case?? or will i need to get a different case for red open can?

Tommy

daguin

BluRay said:
Ok thanks Daguin.
1 more question. Will the red open can diode fit in the 12mm x 30mm aixiz module case?? or will i need to get a different case for red open can?
Tommy

They will fit in the AixiZ module.  They are 5.6mm just like the closed cans and the 405nm's.

Peace,
dave

Ryo

I like using the diode measurmeent mode of my multimeter to tell the polarity of the diode. The diodes I played with actually lit up the laser at a low level so you can tell which pin was the laser and the other the photo detector.