Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where do I buy diodes?

DIYGuy

Hello all!

I've found some fun DIY projects on the forums and am looking for diodes. They are the only components I am having trouble finding.

Can anyone tell me where is an appropriate place to buy the diodes themselves? I'm looking for a 500mW 532nm diode but would like to browse through others if available.

I'd appreciate any sites that sell higher power diodes by themselves.

Thanks!

DTR

There are no direct 532nm diodes. You would have to look for a 500mW DPSS module.:beer:

there are direct 532nm diodes.
But their power is only 15mw i thought

Like DTR said there are no diodes, the closest you can get to a diode would be this tiny little CNI 532nm Green Module... http://www.cnilaser.com/PDF/S-GDL-532.pdf.
That link downloads a PDF and if you would like to inquire for one of those tiny little green modules, than you have to email sales@cnilaser.com. CNI sells really high quality green modules and I really recommend them, but they unfortunately don't have an online store... everything is done through emails. You have a nice day...

EDIT: Right now the only way to get green is to use a ir diode and pass it through a series of crystals which change the wavelength to 532nm or a similar green wavelength.

Last edited:

DTR

there are direct 532nm diodes.
But their power is only 15mw i thought

I thought those still were not readily available? I still want one when they come around. I just didn't mention them because they were nowhere close to what he was looking for.

Anyway O-Like is showing a 200mW module
Green laser module 200mW For custom build or lab [OLGLM200] - $115.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

I am might be able to get a 500mW module from CNI. But from what I hear they are not cheap. There are probably other sources as well.:beer:

Last edited:
I thought those still were not readily available? I still want one when they come around. I just didn't mention them because they were nowhere close to what he was looking for.

Anyway O-Like is showing a 200mW module
Green laser module 200mW For custom build or lab [OLGLM200] - $115.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

I am might be able to get a 500mW module from CNI. But from what I hear they are not cheap. There are probably other sources as well.:beer:

Can you post a link to the green diode? From what I've heard there are no green diodes even close to being released to the general public...

Last edited:

DIYGuy

Thank you for all of your help! I'm intrigued by the DPSS modules. Are the modules available without a driver? I am intending to build my own universal driver and would like to just get the laser assembly itself.

rhd

Thank you for all of your help! I'm intrigued by the DPSS modules. Are the modules available without a driver? I am intending to build my own universal driver and would like to just get the laser assembly itself.

You can take the drivers off - I always do.

The drivers are cheap, they probably contribute $1 to the price of the module. So don't sweat the fact that you'd be tossing it in the garbage (or you could keep it for some future project).