Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where do companies get their diodes?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22482
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22482

Say CNI, where do they get their diodes? Are they custom made? How do you make them?

I own a company in Sweden (we sell all sort of things) and I was thinking if I should start selling lasers.. I wanted to see WickedLasers as my role model (only when it comes to hosts) and CNI as my second. What I mean by that is that I want to combine WickedLasers awesome hosts (of course, my own designed, I have some ideas) with CNI's great diodes.

Should I just employ someone around here? In the royal institute of Technology there is a education called Laser technology (which is a five years long edu) and I was wondering if I maybe should be employing somebody from there...

My budget is pretty big so yeah...

And what would benefit the most people is that the company will be located in Sweden and not China, and in Sweden the laws are super super strict and every customers that buys from an e-shop have the right to return the item for a full refund within the first 28 days + a hella lot laws. :san:

Do you have other suggestions for what I should sell? I have a pretty big budget, this years christmas sale spiked today and I sold 3 times more today then I did the whole last years December..

(Thats the reason why I've been asking for the price of producing a S3 Arctic etc. if you have noticed my other threads)

Anyone wanna help me for a piece of the cake?

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm just an entrepreneur, I'm not going to be the one to make them. I have several people who build together what we sell, all I need is the instructions to build it + the components and they'll start immediately. I've already contacted a Swedish professional box maker to make a box for the lasers and they are sooooo sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:

TuhOz

That seems like a hard question. Maybe send e-mail to some company and ask? :confused:

Good luck with your idea!

Well.. there are a number of laser diode manufacturers out there. Many of them in Japan, China, South Korea, and a few in the U.S.

Many of them are researching 525nm green laser diode technology, so if you google something around those terms, you should be able to find some companies which do both the research and manufacturing. Nichia is only one name I can come up with off the top of my head.

Many manufacturers only sell their diodes in large bulk quantities where you can obtain halfway reasonable prices per unit.. So be prepared to fork out the cash.. even for a sample diode.

Nichia, OSRAM, Soraa, Mitsubishi, Sony, and a host of others make laser diodes.

I think you'll probably find for diode lasers though, at least in the common easy to get wavelengths, that china will be hard to compete with.. And most of CNI's 'rare' wavelengths are DPSS.. not diode.. Meaning your dealing with a whole different level of complexity.