Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where can you buy laser diodes cheap.

G1BFTW

I am trying to find a place to get a 100mw green laser diode (in module) for less than 30 dollars. DTR's laser shop is a bit high in my price range, and so is Aixiz, anybody know any other sites.

Vision

There's always eBay for those 303 lasers but those are a hit and miss. They go from 50-100mw if you're lucky, most likely 50mw.

I won't recommend buying the advertised 100mw diode modules because they're not always at that power but you'll have to ask someone who actually got them and had it tested.
Rather buy the cheap 303 and extract them if you can. What are you gonna use the diode for?

www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_...C0.H0.Xlaser+303.TRS0&_nkw=laser+303&_sacat=0

I'd recommend Sanwu, you'll get what's advertised.

https://www.sanwulasers.org/product/304green

You can just get both the eBay $6-10 ones and the Samwu one and compared them for about $30. Then extract the diodes.

Last edited:

Encap

I am trying to find a place to get a 100mw green laser diode (in module) for less than 30 dollars. DTR's laser shop is a bit high in my price range, and so is Aixiz, anybody know any other sites.

DTR is best bet for quality diodes, modules , drivers and lenses and you need all of those not just a diode + awesome customer service

You can take you chances with ebay or aliexpress but...

There's always eBay for those 303 lasers but those are a hit and miss. They go from 50-100mw if you're lucky, most likely 50mw.

I won't recommend buying the advertised 100mw diode modules because they're not always at that power but you'll have to ask someone who actually got them and had it tested.
Rather buy the cheap 303 and extract them if you can. What are you gonna use the diode for?

laser 303 | eBay

I'd recommend Sanwu, you'll get what's advertised.

https://www.sanwulasers.org/product/304green

You can just get both the eBay $6-10 ones and the Samwu one and compared them for about $30. Then extract the diodes.

Good advice about low cost low quality DPSS 532nm modules, except he is not asking about a 532nm DPSS module as in a a 301/303/304 which are not direct diode lasers --- not diodes.

He is asking about a green diode and mentions DTR who does not sell any DPSS anything---so can rationally only mean/be a 520nm direct diode green--unless he does not know the difference which could also be the case.

You are right cheap green is the low cost and quality 532nm DPSS modules as used in mass produced 301/303,304 lasers, however, generally 532nm DPSS green modules of good quality and higher outputs will cost more than a 520nm diode w. module, driver, and lens.

G1BFTW---you can learn more about the differences here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diode-pumped_solid-state_laser#Common_DPSSL_processes
and here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_diode

Last edited:

Vision

Yeah, I don't think you'll get any better place than DTR for actual diodes. I think you should elaborate on which type of green you're looking for since green comes in both DPSS and direct diode. 532nm and 520nm. Then there's the 515nm pointers of course.

Just a thought!

You can buy a 50mw 520nm diode off eBay around $30, buy a module separately and a cheap driver and drive the diode a little harder you should
Get close to 100mw that's your cheapest bet.

The 120mw PLTB 520 is nearly $90 just diode if I remember correctly.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, I don't think you'll get any better place than DTR for actual diodes. I think you should elaborate on which type of green you're looking for since green comes in both DPSS and direct diode. 532nm and 520nm. Then there's the 515nm pointers of course.

G1BFTW, I don't know what "green" wavelength that you're looking for specifically, but if you're looking at, or could use a cheap 532nm, there are always these "Fasttech modules".
They are generally always overspec, and are ready to put in whatever host you want. Be aware that these are not IR filtered.

Last edited:

G1BFTW

I am looking for a regular 532mn 100mW portable laser module, that gives me enough information to setup the driver.

Rivem

I am looking for a regular 532mn 100mW portable laser module, that gives me enough information to setup the driver.

If that's the case, just buy a few from Fasttech and hope for the best. They're usually capable of power levels around 100mW with some adjustment.