Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where can I find a good quality 3.7v rechargeable 16340?

Blord

The "JUICE" batteries are good. They were sold with the Yobresal blue laser a while ago.
Search on Ebay on that name.

pet peeve of mine when people refer to 16340 cells as a CR123A battery.

It is 16340. That is it.
ICR16340 and IMR16340 are available.

16340 For people who do not know is not some special name but dimensions of that particular cell.
Used by manufacturers of OEM batteries most often.

16 mm x 34.0 mm

Prefix or suffix added will give you info about chemistry.

Real nominal voltage is usually printed, but many times omitted to avoid confusion.

Many people use IFR, "IMR", ICR "recommendations" , but do not have idea what those letters mean.

Brenner: oh yeah, forgot, they ARE offered in LiFePO4 as well.

Ok, here is my defense for sticking to naming conventions:

Thing is, someone buys a device that takes two cr123a. They come on here looking for recommendations for the best cr123a and are directed to a pair of cells that will total not 6V, but 8.4V. Sometimes that's not bad. Sometimes it is, though. And all because someone somewhere was lazy with their naming.

Just because two things are approximately the same size doesn't mean that they are the same. It's like asking what current to drive a blu-ray diode at. Well, they all look the same, so they all should be driven at the same current, right?

How would you like it if you went somewhere because you trusted the advice given there, and you were led astray so far that you broke your new gadget before you got to play with it?

Lets nip this thing in the bud and stop calling them cr123a. There is already something with that name.

gah, gotta go, I'll edit if it reads poorly

You obviously did not read my post. Read it.

I am trying to help guys who want to know. Saying I am right you are wrong is not gonna help them at all.

Guy who started this thread clearly asked about 3.7V cell, and then because of complete naming confusion also asked if that cell can be called CR123A?

99.9% of regular users think the same way. I am dealing with that daily.

Now , to show you how naming convention which you like works:

This is one of the products I sell:

Fast Li-ion 2 Channels, 2 Charging Speeds (1000mA & 500mA) Charger for 18650 / 14500/ 14650/ 17670/ 18500/ 18700/ 10440/ 16340 Batteries - with USB port out….

Question:

Do you know how many emails I receive daily with question: Can this li-ion charger accept XXX battery?

Also your 16340 cell comes in at least 5 different sizes, and at least 4 different nominal voltage ratings.

BTW LiFePO4 is not 3.0V nom. voltage cell . Only cell that I know is Soshine RCR123 3.0V ( yes they call it RCR123 ). They are using built-in diodes to drop voltage to 3V.

If anybody ask me , and tell me what they need I will try to provide most accurate info.

I wish I can tell people - "this is 16340 cell" - end of story.

But , when you get return because that same cell is not 16340, but rather 16380 that cannot fit (because of protection PCB add on) into most of the chargers / flashlights - then we are going back to step 1.

Size matters - voltage matters

My advice is always based on customer requirements.

Why do you think there is 18650, and 18700 cell (same voltage same characteristics, different names based on size).

People buy RCR123 (maybe most accurate name) , to stop buying CR123A primary cells, and save some money. They do not care how you call it, as long as they get exactly what they want.

It is highly recommended for anybody who consider "switching" to rechargeable Li-ion cells to read difference between Lithium primary, and Lithium-ion rechargeable cells. Excellent source is Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University

Again:

Size matters - voltage matters

There is no right and correct name for these cells.
Sorry guys- you have to know what voltage, and what size your gadget needs before you buy any cell,
Protected , or without protection.

Right charger is a must.

Peace

:beer:

Mage23

The best that you can find......
never tried buying from them, but i manage to find these brands of batteries in my old camera and it seem to be charging up to 832mAh with my Digital Charger. A friend of mine put it through a test of these 16340 White Solarforce and boy they did well discharging at a consistant rate.

solarforce - Welcome to Solarforce

Last edited: